Get that perfect caramelized flavor and crispy texture with minimal effort! Learn how to make air fryer sweet potato in just a few minutes, plus how to season them for maximum deliciousness.
Air Fried Sweet Potatoes
When it comes to crispy, flavorful sweet potatoes, there’s no denying that the air fryer simply gets the job done, and done well.
If you’re a sweet potato lover, you’ve undoubtedly heard of the magic that happens when you combine the two.
But just in case you’re late to the party, we’re here to fill you in on all the reasons why air fryer sweet potatoes are worth the hype.
Perhaps one of the biggest selling points of air fryer sweet potatoes is the minimal effort required to make them.
Really, all they need is a little seasoning, whether it be salt, pepper, or herbs and they’re good to go.
Pop them in the air fryer and let the appliance do its thing.
No more worrying about stove-top babysitting or the oven heating up your kitchen to volcanic temperatures. The air fryer lets you set it and forget it (well, sort of).
And then there’s the taste.
Sweet potatoes become wonderfully caramelized and slightly crispy on the outside while maintaining that sweet, creamy interior that makes them so irresistible.
Whether you’re making them as a side dish or incorporating them into a main course, air fryer sweet potatoes are a crowd-pleaser that never disappoints.
Why You Will Love This Recipe
- Air fryers make sweet potatoes irresistible, crisping the exterior while keeping the interior soft and fluffy.
- Sweet potatoes cook quickly in an air fryer compared to conventional methods, requiring minimal effort.
- Their caramelization creates a delicious balance of crispy on the outside and sweet and creamy on the inside.
- Due to their simplicity and flavor, they are a favorite for many people.
Prep time: 5 minutes
Cook time: 30 minutes
What You Need
- Sweet potatoes
- Olive oil
- Kosher salt
- Butter to taste
For exact measurements, please see the printable recipe card below.
How To Make Sweet Potatoes in The Air Fryer
Clean and dry potatoes. Make sure to remove any root strands and dirt pockets. Clean with warm water and scrub with your hands. Pat completely dry to prevent steaming in the air fryer
Thoroughly coat dried potatoes with olive oil—season with salt and puncture the hole with a fork along the top.
Cook in air fryer at 400°f for 30 minutes.
Rotate at 15 minutes.
Let cool, slice open, and mash the inside.
Season with butter and salt or for a sweeter experience, sprinkle with brown sugar!
What To Serve With Air Fryer Sweet Potatoes
Printable Recipe Card and Nutritional Values
- 3 medium sweet potatoes
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil
- 1 teaspoon of kosher salt
- Butter to taste
- Clean and dry potatoes. Make sure to remove any root strands and dirt pockets. Clean with warm water and scrub with your hands. Pat completely dry to prevent steaming in the air fryer
- Thoroughly coat dried potatoes with olive oil—season with salt and puncture the hole with a fork along the top.
- Cook in air fryer at 400°f for 30 minutes. Rotate at 15 minutes.
- Let cool, slice open, and mash the inside. Season with butter and salt or for a sweeter experience, spring with brown sugar!
Amount Per Serving Calories 176Total Fat 9gSaturated Fat 3gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 5gCholesterol 10mgSodium 491mgCarbohydrates 24gFiber 4gSugar 7gProtein 2g
In conclusion, air fryer sweet potatoes have become a fan favorite for several reasons.
The air fryer crisps up the exterior while keeping the interior tender and fluffy, and the cooking time is much faster than conventional methods.
Plus, they require minimal effort, allowing you to set it and forget it while you go about your day.
With the perfect caramelization and sweet, creamy interior, it’s no wonder these sweet potatoes are loved by so many.
So if you haven’t tried air fryer sweet potatoes yet, it’s time to jump on the bandwagon and indulge in this delicious side dish.
Be sure to follow us on Pinterest and PIN IT FOR LATER!