Tired of the same old bland side dishes? Try this cajun-style brown sugar glazed carrots recipe! Perfectly sweet, deliciously spiced, and easy to make!
Brown Sugar Glazed Carrots
Carrots are one of the few vegetables that easily get overlooked, but they actually taste amazing when coated with a luscious brown sugar glaze.
This classic side dish is perfect for any occasion, from a family dinner to a potluck party.
It’s easy to make, uses simple ingredients, and is packed with flavor.
Read on for our cajun glazed carrots recipe.
Why You Will Love This Recipe
- Brown sugar glazed carrots offer a delicious balance of sweet and savory flavors.
- This recipe is easy to make, requiring minimal effort to achieve excellent results.
- The dish is highly versatile, making it suitable for both casual weeknight meals and special holiday occasions.
- The vibrant color of the final product creates a beautiful presentation on the plate.
Makes 5 servings
Prep time: 5 minutes
Cook time: 25 minutes
Cajun Roasted Carrots Ingredients
- Baby carrots
- Olive oil
- Brown sugar
- Cajun seasoning
- Salt and pepper
For exact measurements, please see the printable recipe card below.
How to Make Glazed Carrots Recipe
Preheat the oven to 425 degrees and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
Toss the carrots in the oil, brown sugar, Cajun seasoning, salt and pepper.
Spread the carrots in an even layer on the baking sheet.
Bake for 20 to 25 minutes, until fork tender, stirring the carrots halfway through the cooking time.
Tips and Variations
- Spice Level: Adjust the heat by varying the amount of Cajun seasoning. For a milder version, use less seasoning or choose a mild Cajun blend. Conversely, add red pepper flakes or a dash of hot sauce for extra heat.
- Citrus Twist: Add a splash of citrus juice (like orange or lime) to the glaze for a tangy flavor that complements the sweetness of the carrots.
- Nutty Crunch: Toss in some toasted pecans, almonds, or walnuts for a delightful crunch. Sprinkle them over the glazed carrots just before serving.
- Herbaceous Flavor: Experiment with fresh herbs like thyme, rosemary, or basil. Add them during the cooking process for an herb-infused taste.
- Maple Glaze: Replace honey or brown sugar with maple syrup for a different sweetness profile. It pairs beautifully with the Cajun spices.
- Roasting Method: Instead of sautéing, try roasting the carrots in the oven. Toss them in the Cajun seasoning, then roast until tender, and finish by drizzling the glaze over the roasted carrots before serving.
- Vegetable Medley: Mix carrots with other vegetables like bell peppers, sweet potatoes, or parsnips to create a colorful and flavorful medley.
Remember, the key to a great Cajun glazed carrot dish is finding the balance between the spicy Cajun flavors and the natural sweetness of the carrots.
Feel free to adjust the ingredients and seasoning levels to suit your taste preferences!
What to Serve With Brown Sugar Glazed Carrot Recipe
- Sweet and Spicy Hawaiian Pork Chops
- Chicken Jambalaya Casserole
- Loaded Mashed Potato Meatloaf Casserole Recipe
- Chicken and Potato Casserole
Printable Recipe Card and Nutritional Values
- 1 pound baby carrots
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon Cajun seasoning
- Salt and pepper
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Toss the carrots in the oil, brown sugar, Cajun seasoning, salt and pepper.
- Spread the carrots in an even layer on the baking sheet.
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes, until fork tender, stirring the carrots halfway through the cook time.
Amount Per Serving Calories 99Total Fat 6gSaturated Fat 1gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 5gCholesterol 0mgSodium 781mgCarbohydrates 12gFiber 3gSugar 9gProtein 1g
Glazed Carrots with Maple Syrup and Brown Sugar Conclusion
Carrots may not be your go-to vegetable for side dishes, but this brown sugar glazed carrots recipe is a game-changer.
They are the perfect combination of sweet, savory, and earthy flavors that taste amazing.
This recipe is quick, hassle-free, and a surefire crowd-pleaser.
Give it a try and upgrade your dinner table with this mouthwatering side dish!
Be sure to follow us on Pinterest and PIN IT FOR LATER!