Classic Oreo Truffles recipe perfect for Halloween, dipped in orange, green, and purple melted candy, with a “monster” eyeball, and sprinkles for funky “hair”.
How to Make Halloween Oreo Truffles
Fall is here, and Halloween is around the corner!
What better way to get in the spirit of things than with a delicious and easy treat?
If you’re looking for something fun and festive to make this holiday season that won’t take much effort but will still delight your family or friends, then look no further than our delicious Halloween Monster Oreo Truffles.
Adorable yet frighteningly tasty, these delightful little truffles are full of chocolate goodness.
Perfect to enjoy at parties, while watching horror movies with friends, or as an after-dinner dessert.
So throw on some spooky music and come join us in the kitchen as we whip up these easy-to-make treats!
Why You Will Love This Recipe
- Halloween Monster Oreo Truffles are a fun and delicious treat for Halloween parties.
- They feature a crunchy chocolate shell filled with crushed Oreos.
- The truffles are decorated with fun and festive monster faces.
- The recipe requires just a few simple ingredients.
- These truffles are sure to be a hit with guests.
What You Need
Oreos, cream cheese, candy melts, sprinkles
Servings: makes 48
Prep time: 1 hour
Downtime: 1 hour
Monster Stuffed Oreos Ingredients
- Oreo cookies
- Cream cheese, softened
- Vibrant green, purple, and orange candy melts
- Eye of Newt Sprinkle Mix
Pro Tip: If you want to add a little extra kick to your muffins, try adding a pinch of cayenne pepper to the dry mix. It will give your muffins a subtle and spicy flavor.
How to Make Monster Oreo Truffles
Gather the Ingredients
Making our Halloween Monster Oreo Truffles is super easy – they only require three ingredients!
Make the Truffles
Start by crushing a package of Oreo cookies using a food processor or by putting them in a sealed bag and smashing them.
You’ll then mix the crushed Oreos with cream cheese until you get a smooth and creamy mixture.
Roll the mixture into small balls and place them in the fridge for 10-15 minutes to firm up.
Melt the Chocolate
While your Oreo balls are chilling, melt some chocolate in a double boiler or microwave and add in food coloring to make a variety of colors.
You can create a range of colors, and use these coatings to create unique monsters.
When the Oreo balls are firm, you can dip them into the melted chocolate and let them set for a few minutes.
Now it’s time to decorate! Use candy eyes and gel frosting or candy to create spooky monster features.
Top with sprinkles.
Voila, you now have your delicious Halloween Monster Oreo Truffles!
These truffles are perfect for Halloween parties, and movie nights, and are even great as an after-dinner dessert.
Whether you’re hosting a Halloween bash with friends or just looking for a fun way to celebrate with family, these truffles make for the perfect treat everyone will love.
Printable Recipe Card and Nutritional Values
- 36 Oreo cookies
- 8 oz cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup each of vibrant green, purple, and orange candy melts
- Eye of Newt Sprinkle Mix
- Crush the Oreo cookies into fine crumbs. You can use a food processor, crush them with a rolling pin in a ziplock bag, or crush them in a bowl - whatever method you prefer.
- Add the cream cheese and Oreo cookies into a large bowl, and stir well to combine.
- Line a tray or baking sheet with parchment paper, and roll the mixture into 1-inch balls.
- Transfer the tray to the freezer for 1 hour.
- Melt your candy melts in individual bowls for 30-second intervals in the microwave, stirring between each heating session, until fully melted.
- Dip the balls into the melted candy, and immediately add an eyeball to the side, then sprinkles on the top. Set on parchment paper to set. Repeat until all of your balls are coated and decorated.
- Allow candy to set, then enjoy!
Amount Per Serving Calories 60Total Fat 3gSaturated Fat 1gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 2gCholesterol 5mgSodium 50mgCarbohydrates 7gFiber 0gSugar 4gProtein 1g
Halloween is all about fun, and our Halloween Monster Oreo Truffles are the ideal treat to get in the spirit.
Not only are they delicious, but they’re also easy and fun to make!
These spooktacular treats will be a hit at any Halloween party and are sure to be loved by both kids and adults alike.
So gather your ingredients, put on some Halloween tunes, and let’s make some monster Oreo truffles!
Be sure to follow us on Pinterest and PIN IT FOR LATER!