With a buttery gingerbread shaped crust and a steaming hot apple filling, this Apple Gingerbread Recipe for Hand Pies is sure to take your taste buds on a sweet and spicy journey!
Apple Gingerbread Hand Pies Recipe
Get ready to savor the delightful flavors of old-fashioned Apple Gingerbread Hand Pies.
These easy-to-make treats are the perfect addition to your holiday menu.
With a buttery gingerbread crust and a steaming hot apple filling, these hand pies are sure to take your taste buds on a sweet and spicy journey!
Make your holiday season even more special with our best Apple Gingerbread Hand Pies.
From the first bite to the last crumb, these pies are guaranteed to make your mouth water and your heart sing.
So, why wait? Read on to discover our secret recipe and bring the comforting warmth of Apple Gingerbread Hand Pies to your home.
Whatever you do, just remember to enjoy the process and have fun in the kitchen.
Baking should be a joyous and delicious experience, and our Apple Gingerbread Hand Pies are the perfect way to make it so.
Why You Will Love This Recipe
- The Apple Gingerbread recipe for hand pies is the perfect blend of zesty apples and crumbly gingerbread crusts.
- Our easy-to-follow recipe ensures that baking these pies is enjoyable for both beginners and pros.
- Apple Gingerbread Hand Pies add a touch of spice and sweetness to your holiday season.
- These pies are perfect for a cozy night in or a festive gathering with family and friends.
- Indulge in the best Apple Gingerbread Hand Pies and warm your heart with the comforting flavors of the holiday season.
Prep: 20 Minutes
Bake: 25 Minutes
Gingerbread Apple Hand Pies Ingredients
- Pillsbury pie crust (2 crusts in the box)
- Apple pie filling
For exact measurements, please see the printable recipe card below.
How to Make Hand Pies Apple Gingerbread Recipe
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
Place down a cutting board or dough board. Add flour. Unroll the crust and place it onto the dough board. Roll out completely but not too thin.
Pour the apple pie filling into a bowl and cut them up into smaller pieces.
Using a gingerbread man cookie cutter cut out two gingerbread per hand pie. Two pie crusts make between 10 to 12 gingerbread pies.
Fill each base gingerbread with about one tablespoon of pie filling.
Place another gingerbread on top and press down all the edges with a small fork. It’s completely normal if some filling pops out.
Whisk one egg. Slice small holes across the front of the gingerbread man. Brush with the egg wash.
Bake for 20 to 25 minutes until lightly golden brown. Remove and cool. These can be stored for up to two days in the fridge.
Toppings include powdered sugar, whipped cream, and even a drizzle of icing.
Are you ready to fill your home with the aroma of freshly baked Apple Gingerbread Hand Pies?
This recipe is the perfect way to combine the classic flavors of apple and gingerbread into one scrumptious treat.
Tip: These hand pies are perfect for breakfast on-the-go or a sweet afternoon snack. Try serving them warm with a dollop of whipped cream or a scoop of vanilla ice cream.
If you’re feeling adventurous, why not try adding some extra spice to your hand pies?
A pinch of cinnamon or nutmeg would be a perfect addition to the gingerbread crust.
Or perhaps you could experiment with different types of apples to add some variety to the filling.
So there you have it, folks. Our easy apple gingerbread hand pies are a guaranteed hit during the holidays.
They’re simple, delicious, and sure to impress your friends and family.
Trust us, you won’t be able to have just one!
More Apple Recipes For You
- Caramel Apple Charcuterie Board
- Caramel Apple Cheesecake Jars
- Apple Pie Mimosa Recipe
- Frozen Apple Pie In Air Fryer
Printable Recipe Card and Nutritional Values
- 1 box Pillsbury pie crust (2 crusts in box)
- 21 oz. can apple pie filling
- 1 egg
- 1/3 cup flour
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Place down a cutting board or dough board. Add flour. Unroll the crust and place it onto the dough board. Roll out completely but not too thin.
- Using a gingerbread man cookie cutter cut out two gingerbread per hand pie. Two pie crusts make between 10 to 12 gingerbread pies.
- Fill each base gingerbread with about one tablespoon of pie filling. Place another gingerbread on top and press down all the edges with a small fork. It's completely normal if some filling pops out.
- Whisk one egg. Slice small holes across the front of the gingerbread man. Brush with the egg wash.
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes until lightly golden brown. Remove and cool. These can be stored for up to two days in the fridge.
- Toppings include powdered sugar, whipped cream, and even a drizzle of icing.
Amount Per Serving Calories 156Total Fat 5gSaturated Fat 2gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 3gCholesterol 19mgSodium 107mgCarbohydrates 26gFiber 1gSugar 13gProtein 2g
Can I use a different type of fruit filling for the hand pies?
Absolutely! While our recipe specifically calls for apple filling, you can get creative and try using other fruits like peach, cherry, or even pumpkin for a seasonal twist. Just make sure to adjust the spices accordingly.
Can I freeze the hand pies for later?
Absolutely! Once baked and cooled, you can wrap the hand pies individually in plastic wrap and place them in a freezer-safe bag or container. They can be stored in the freezer for up to 2 months. To enjoy them later, just pop them in the oven at 350°F (175°C) for about 10-15 minutes or until heated through.
Can I substitute the molasses in the gingerbread crust?
Sure! If you’re not a fan of molasses, you can substitute it with an equal amount of maple syrup or honey for a different flavor profile. Just keep in mind that the taste and texture of the crust may vary slightly.
And that, my dear readers, is why you simply must try our delectable Apple Gingerbread Hand Pies!
It’s the perfect dessert to add some spice to your holiday season.
Each bite is like a warm, comforting hug from Grandma (minus the awkward cheek-pinching).
So, what are you waiting for? Get your baking apron out, gather your ingredients, and whip up a batch of these delicious hand pies. You won’t regret it!
You’ll be the talk of every holiday gathering with these old-fashioned apple gingerbread hand pies that are sure to impress your guests.
Be sure to pin it for later and follow us on Pinterest.