Discover the latest twist on a winter favorite with Hocus Pocus Hot Chocolate Bombs! Transform any cup of hot milk into delightful surprises.
Hocus Pocus Hot Cocoa Bombs
Today, we’re here to tell you all about the hottest trend in hot cocoa, Hocus Pocus Hot Chocolate Bombs!
Think outside the traditional mug and uplevel your winter warm-me-up game with these decadent treats.
Turn any plain cup of hot milk or water into an ooey-gooey wonderland full of sweet flavors and delightful surprises.
Read on for more info about this must-try craze, including tips for how to make them at home!
Makes: 3 Bombs
Prep: 20 Minutes
Why You Will Love This Recipe
Hocus Pocus Hot Chocolate Bombs have become a popular seasonal treat due to their Halloween-themed designs and elements from “Hocus Pocus.”
- The visual appeal of these creative designs adds to the user experience.
- Making hot chocolate with these bombs is an interactive experience, providing entertainment for children and adults alike.
- These bombs contain high-quality cocoa with special ingredients or flavors, making them both visually appealing and delicious.
- People are drawn to the novelty factor of hot chocolate bombs, making them a fun and Instagram-worthy treat.
- They make great gifts or party favors during the Halloween season due to their whimsical appearance and tasty flavor.
If you live in a hot and humid climate, it’s advisable to refrigerate hot chocolate bombs to prevent the chocolate from melting or becoming too soft. Chocolate has a relatively low melting point, and high temperatures can cause it to lose its shape.
If you plan to consume the hot chocolate bombs within a day or two, leaving them at room temperature may be fine.
- Black chocolate candy melts (sweet tooth fairy)
- Orange candy melts (sweet tooth fairy)
- Lavender candy melts (sweet tooth fairy)
- Light green candy melts (sweet tooth fairy)
- Hot chocolate mix (swiss miss)
- Candy eyeballs
For exact measurements, please see the printable recipe card below.
This post may contain affiliate links. As an Amazon Services LLC associates program affiliate advertising program, I may earn a small commission with no extra cost to you. See my disclosure policy for more info.
Kitchen Baking Supplies
Melt the black, purple, green, and orange candy melts as directed on the package.
Drop black candy melts in two spots in the dome mold. Drop orange candy melts opposite the black candy melts in the dome mold.
Repeat this with the purple and the green. Lightly swirl the back of a spoon while coating the mold.
Make sure you cannot see the mold through the candy melts. Place in the freezer for 10 minutes.
Once the candy melts are hardened remove the domes carefully. Set aside.
Heat a frying pan to low heat. Place the bomb edge side down into the pan.
Melt slightly just to even out the edges. Pull it up and fill it with two tablespoons of hot chocolate mix and marshmallows.
Quickly heat another dome edge and place it on top of the one with the cocoa mix. Make sure to align the domes well.
Repeat for the other two hot chocolate bombs.
Use chocolate that has almost cooled paint the back of a candy eyeball and place it onto the hot chocolate bomb. Do not use hot chocolate or it will melt the bomb. Use cooled but still soft chocolate. This will adhere the eye to the bomb.
Keep in the fridge until ready to drink. If you need to keep longer place in the freezer for up to a month.
More Halloween Recipes
- Morticia Jello Shots Recipe
- Halloween Candied Apple Slices
- Kids Halloween Party Drink
- Hocus Pocus Popcorn
- Floating Eyeball Jello Shots
- Bloody Party Syringe Shots
- 1 cup black chocolate candy melts (sweet tooth fairy)
- 1 cup orange candy melts (sweet tooth fairy)
- 1 cup lavender candy melts (sweet tooth fairy)
- 1 cup light green candy melts (sweet tooth fairy)
- 16 marshmallows
- 6 tablespoons hot chocolate mix (swiss miss)
- 3 candy eyeballs
- Melt the black, purple, green, and orange candy melts as directed on the package.
- Drop black candy melts in two spots in the dome mold. Drop orange candy melts opposite the black candy melts in the dome mold.
- Repeat this with the purple and the green. Lightly swirl the back of a spoon while coating the mold.
- Make sure you cannot see the mold through the candy melts. Place in the freezer for 10 minutes.
- Once the candy melts are hardened remove the domes carefully. Set aside.
- Heat a frying pan to low heat. Place the bomb edge side down into the pan.
- Melt slightly just to even out edges. Pull it up and fill with two tablespoons hot chocolate mix and marshmallows.
Amount Per Serving Calories 1035Total Fat 20gSaturated Fat 12gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 6gCholesterol 13mgSodium 409mgCarbohydrates 207gFiber 7gSugar 147gProtein 11g
Hocus Pocus Cocoa Bombs Conclusion
People love Hocus Pocus Hot Chocolate Bombs because they offer a combination of seasonal appeal, visual excitement, an interactive experience, delicious taste, novelty, and giftability.
All these factors contribute to their popularity, especially during the Halloween season.
Be sure to pin it for later and follow us on Pinterest.