These classic peanut butter cookies come together in no time to make Nutter Butter Mummies, and you’ll have fun getting the kids involved in the preparation.
Nutter Butter Mummies
This easy-to-make snack will liven up any gathering with its tasty cookie mummy wrappings, and silly eyes.
Plus, it’s a great way to get the kids involved in the preparation.
So go ahead and break out those classic peanut butter cookies and make some mummy cookies with just 3 ingredients.
It’s time to make some cool and creepy mummies just in time for All Hallows’ Eve.
Why You Will Love These Mummy Cookies
You will love Nutter Butter Mummy Cookies for several reasons:
- Delicious Flavor: Nutter Butter cookies have a unique and beloved peanut butter flavor that many people enjoy. The creamy peanut butter filling pairs perfectly with the sweet, crunchy cookie shell.
- Fun and Festive Design: Nutter Butter Mummy Cookies are designed to resemble mummies, making them a fun and visually appealing treat, especially during Halloween or other spooky-themed events. The white chocolate or icing drizzle creates the appearance of mummy bandages, adding a playful and festive touch.
- Creative and Decorative: These cookies are not only tasty but also provide an opportunity for creativity. People can have fun decorating them, adding their own personal touches or variations to make each cookie unique.
- Great for Parties: Nutter Butter Mummy Cookies are an excellent addition to parties and gatherings. They can serve as a sweet treat, a decorative element for the dessert table, or a fun activity for kids and adults to make together.
- Ease of Preparation: Making Nutter Butter Mummy Cookies is a relatively simple baking project.
- Customizable: While the classic Nutter Butter Mummy Cookie recipe is popular, there’s room for customization. You can experiment with different types of drizzles, use various colored icing for added creativity, or even make them in mini or giant sizes to suit your preferences.
- Appeal to Peanut Butter Lovers: Peanut butter is a beloved flavor for many, and these cookies offer a delightful peanut buttery taste with a twist. They can satisfy the cravings of peanut butter enthusiasts.
Makes around 30 cookies
Prep time: 30 minutes
Nutter Butter Mummies Ingredients
- Nutter Butter cookies
- vanilla melting chocolate
- Candy eyes
Pro Tip: If you want to add a little extra kick to your muffins, try adding a pinch of cayenne pepper to the dry mix. It will give your muffins a subtle and spicy flavor.
Kitchen Baking Supplies
- Cookie Sheet
- Parchment Paper
- Microwave safe bowl
- Rubber spatula
How To Make Nutter Butter Wafers Mummies
Prep Your Workstation
Before getting started, make sure to clear and clean your workstation. Gather all your ingredients, along with a baking sheet, microwave-safe bowl, and toothpicks. Cover the baking sheet with parchment paper and set it aside – this will be your landing spot for the coated cookies.
Melt the White Chocolate
Combine the white chocolate chips and vegetable shortening in a microwave-safe bowl. Melt the mixture by microwaving it in 30-second intervals, stirring after each until it becomes smooth and creamy. Be cautious not to overheat the chocolate, as it will become unmanageable and lose its silky texture.
Coat the Nutter Butters
Grab a Nutter Butter, place it on the toothpick, and carefully dip it into the melted white chocolate mixture. Ensure to coat the cookie evenly; you can use a spoon if necessary. Gently tap off any excess chocolate before placing the cookie on the parchment paper-covered baking sheet.
Add the Mummy Face
Before the chocolate coating on the Nutter Butter hardens, press two candy eyeballs onto the cookie. You can use a toothpick or tweezers to place them accurately.
Create the Bandages
Once all the Nutter Butters have their eyeballs in place, use any remaining white chocolate mixture to create the mummy’s “bandages.” Fill a Ziploc bag with the chocolate, snip off a tiny corner, and carefully drizzle it over the cookies to create a bandage-like pattern.
Add the Finishing Touches
For an extra creepy touch, you can add chocolate chip “bandages” to your mummies. Just press them lightly onto the drizzled white chocolate before it hardens.
Allow the cookies to set for about 15-20 minutes in the refrigerator. Once set, the Nutter Butter mummies are ready to serve!
And there you have it, an easy, fun, and scrumptious Halloween treat to impress your family and friends!
Nutter Butter Mummy Cookies are sure to bring a spooky, tasty twist to your Halloween get-together.
More Halloween Recipes
- Bloody Shirley Temples Recipe
- Easy Halloween Ghost Cookies
- Jack Skellington Hot Chocolate Bombs
- Halloween Avocado Toast Recipe
- Halloween Monster Oreo Truffles
- Twinkie Mummies Recipe
- Halloween Monster Oreo Truffles
- Jack-O-Peppers Halloween Stuffed Peppers Recipe
- Spooky Scary Skeletons Halloween Chicken Drumsticks
- 1 16-ounce package Nutter Butter cookies
- 1 16-ounce package of vanilla melting chocolate
- Candy eyes
- Melt the chocolate according to the package instructions.
- Dip each cookie in the melted chocolate and flip to coat both sides. Remove the cookie from the chocolate with a fork and lightly tap the handle of the fork with your finger to help the excess chocolate drip off.
- Transfer each coated cookie onto a piece of wax or parchment paper and allow to cool and set.
- Reheat the remaining chocolate until melted and transfer it to a piping bag.
- Drizzle the chocolate over the top of each cookie to create mummy “bandages.” Add two candy eyes to the top of each cookie, then allow the chocolate to set before serving.
Amount Per Serving Calories 145Total Fat 5gSaturated Fat 3gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 1gCholesterol 19mgSodium 49mgCarbohydrates 16gFiber 0gSugar 8gProtein 1g
In summary, Nutter Butter Mummy Cookies offer a combination of great taste, creative decoration possibilities, and a sense of fun and nostalgia, making them a favorite treat for various occasions, especially during Halloween.
Be sure to follow us on Pinterest and PIN IT FOR LATER!