Use this Slow Cooker Pumpkin Puree for your favorite pumpkin recipes such as crockpot pumpkin soup, or your favorite pumpkin dessert, or Pumpkin for Your Bearded Dragon.
Your Ultimate Guide to Pumpkin Cooking: FAQs and Delicious Recipes
Pumpkin season is in full swing, and it’s time to make the most of this versatile and delicious ingredient.
And there is nothing like making your own pumpkin puree.
Today we are sharing an easy recipe on how to make pumpkin from a whole pumpkin.
From savory soups to sweet treats, there’s no shortage of ways to enjoy the flavors of fall.
We’ve gathered a series of FAQs about sugar pumpkins, crock pot pumpkin recipes, and more.
Plus, we’ve included some mouthwatering recipes to inspire your culinary adventures!
You only need a small pumpkin even though you don’t use the outside of the pumpkin. And this is so much better than canned pumpkin that you get at the grocery store.
This can also be made in an instant pot.
- Small pumpkin
Pro Tip: If you want to add a little extra kick to your muffins, try adding a pinch of cayenne pepper to the dry mix. It will give your muffins a subtle and spicy flavor.
- Slow Cooker
- Sharp knife
- Blender, Food Processor, or Stick blender
How to Cook Pumpkin in a Slow Cooker
Cut the top off of the pumpkin and remove the seeds and stringy fibers from the center.
Cut the pumpkin into quarters and place them into the slow cooker.
Add water to the crockpot
Cover the slow cooker and set it to cook on high for 4 hours or on low for 6-8 hours.
After the pumpkin has cooked and become soft, turn off the slow cooker.
Allow the pumpkin to cool for a few minutes before removing the cooked pumpkin flesh.
Transfer it to a blender or food processor. Or use an immersion blender.
Puree the cooked pumpkin until it is smooth and creamy.
Your homemade slow cooker pumpkin puree is now ready to use in your favorite fall recipes!
This slow cooker method ensures a flavorful and smooth pumpkin puree that can be used in a variety of dishes.
Store in an airtight container or freezer for use later when pumpkins are no longer available and you want to make some crockpot pumpkin butter.
Delicious Pumpkin Recipes:
- Pumpkin Pie: This classic dessert is a favorite during the holiday season. Make your own puree for a sweeter flavor, and don’t forget the homemade crust.
- Slow Cooker Pumpkin Soup: A crowd-pleaser with its creamy texture and delicious flavor. Perfect for warming up on a chilly day.
- Pumpkin Bread: Enjoy the sweet aroma of freshly baked pumpkin bread. Pair it with a cup of your favorite hot beverage.
- Pumpkin Spice Latte: Skip the coffee shop and make your own pumpkin spice latte at home. You’ll love the fall flavors!
- Slow Cooker Homemade Pumpkin Butter: Spread this delectable treat on fresh crusty bread or use it as a topping for pancakes or waffles.
- Pumpkin Rice Pudding: A unique dessert that combines the sweetness of pumpkin with the comfort of rice pudding.
- Crockpot Pumpkin Cobbler: Dive into a warm, gooey slow cooker pumpkin cobbler filled with pumpkin goodness. It’s an easy way to satisfy your pumpkin fix.
- Pumpkin Cake: Classic combination of cinnamon, sugar, and pumpkin all in one delicious treat.
- 1 small pumpkin
- 1 cup of water
- Cut the pumpkin in half and remove the seeds and stringy fibers from the center.
- Cut the pumpkin into quarters and place them into the slow cooker.
- Add water to the crockpot
- Cover the slow cooker and set it to cook on high for 4 hours or on low for 6-8 hours.
- After the pumpkin has cooked and become soft, turn off the slow cooker.
- Allow the pumpkin to cool for a few minutes before removing the cooked pumpkin flesh.
- Transfer it to a blender or food processor. Or use an immersion blender.
- Puree the cooked pumpkin until it is smooth and creamy.
- Your homemade slow cooker pumpkin puree is now ready to use in your favorite fall recipes!
Amount Per Serving Calories 6Total Fat 0gSaturated Fat 0gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 0gCholesterol 0mgSodium 1mgCarbohydrates 2gFiber 0gSugar 1gProtein 0g
From breakfast to dinner, slow cooker pumpkin puree can add a seasonal twist to a variety of dishes.
Try adding it to your oatmeal or smoothie for a healthy start to your day, or incorporate it into your favorite chili or stew recipe for a sweet and savory flavor.
The possibilities are endless!
As you dive into these recipes, remember that pumpkins come in all shapes and sizes, and you can experiment with different varieties like sugar pie pumpkins or a butternut pumpkin to discover your favorite pumpkin dishes.
Get creative in the kitchen, and savor the flavors of fall with these delightful pumpkin recipes.
So why settle for store-bought pumpkin puree when you can whip up your own in the comfort of your own kitchen?
Give it a try and see for yourself just how easy and delicious homemade slow cooker pumpkin puree can be.
Don’t forget to save our printable recipe card for easy reference and share your pumpkin creations with us next time!
We are always on the lookout for new recipes, so if you are a pumpkin lover like us, leave a comment below with your delicious recipe for us to try out.
Happy Fall y’all!
Be sure to follow us on Pinterest and PIN IT FOR LATER!