You only need 7 ingredients to make this easy homemade cranberry sauce using fresh berries and your slow cooker.
Homemade Cranberry Sauce
Ditch the canned cranberry sauce with sugar and preservatives. This recipe is healthy, flavorful, and sure to become your family’s new favorite!
Making your own cranberry sauce is easy with this slow cooker recipe.
This holiday side is delicious and guaranteed to be a crowd-pleaser.
If you are feeling generous, you can also make a large batch and make it for a sweet homemade gift for your loved ones this Christmas!
Makes 8 servings
Prep time: 5 minutes
Cook time: 6 hours 30 minutes
Homemade Cranberry Sauce Ingredients
- Fresh cranberries
- Brown sugar
- Orange zest
- Cold water
Pro Tip: If you want to add a little extra kick to your muffins, try adding a pinch of cayenne pepper to the dry mix. It will give your muffins a subtle and spicy flavor.
This post may contain affiliate links. As an Amazon Services LLC associates program affiliate advertising program, I may earn a small commission with no extra cost to you. See my disclosure policy for more info.
How to Make Slow Cooker Cranberry Sauce
Add the cranberries, water, sugar, brown sugar, orange zest, and cinnamon. Stir to combine.
Place the lid on the slow cooker and cook on low for 6 hours, stirring occasionally.
When the cooking time is up, stir in the cornstarch and water mixture.
Place the lid back on the slow cooker and set it to cook on high for 30 minutes, until the sauce has thickened.
Enjoy with your holiday dinner.
- 12 ounces fresh cranberries
- ½ cup water
- ½ cup sugar
- ½ cup brown sugar
- ½ tablespoon orange zest
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch mixed with 2 tablespoons cold water
- Spray the bowl of the slow cooker with nonstick cooking spray or use crockpot liners.
- Add the cranberries, water, sugar, brown sugar, orange zest, and cinnamon. Stir to combine.
- Place the lid on the slow cooker and cook on low for 6 hours, stirring occasionally.
- When the cooking time is up, stir in the cornstarch and water mixture.
- Place the lid back on the slow cooker and set it to cook on high for 30 minutes, until the sauce has thickened.
- Enjoy with your holiday dinner.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving Calories 144Total Fat 0gSaturated Fat 0gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 0gCholesterol 0mgSodium 6mgCarbohydrates 38gFiber 6gSugar 26gProtein 1g
Be sure to follow us on Pinterest and PIN IT FOR LATER!