Make these delicious meat and cheese trees in just three simple steps! Perfect for the festive season, these tasty little treats will bring smiles all around.
Easy Meat and Cheese Christmas Trees
Are you looking for a unique and festive treat to surprise your family this holiday season?
Presenting the iconic Christmas Tree made with just meat and cheese.
An easy treat that looks amazing, tastes even better, and is sure to get everyone in the holiday spirit!
With just a few simple ingredients, you can craft these cute little trees that will be sure to bring joy (and flavor!) to your celebration.
Delicious, fun, and quick.
Read on to find out how you can create your irresistible Meat and Cheese Christmas Trees!
This Recipe Is…
- Charcuterie Christmas trees are a hit due to their deliciousness and visual appeal.
- Easy to assemble, they are perfect for festive gatherings without spending hours in the kitchen.
- Varied flavors and textures cater to different tastes, making them a crowd-pleaser.
- Presentation adds a charming, decorative touch to any holiday table.
Prep time: 20 minutes
- Cheddar cheese
For exact measurements, please see the printable recipe card below.
- Small star cookie cutter
How to Make Easy Meat and Cheese Trees
Cut the cheese into ¼ inch slices, then use a small star cookie cutter to cut out 10 stars. Set the stars aside.
Cut the remaining cheese into 10 cubes.
Stick one toothpick into each cheese cube.
Fold each slice of pepperoni and salami into quarters (in half, then in half again) and slice three pieces of folded meat onto the toothpick on top of the cheese cube.
Place one cheese star on top of each tree.
Serve immediately or refrigerate until ready to serve.
Different Cheese Selection:
- Gourmet Cheese Tree: Incorporate a variety of gourmet cheeses like brie, gouda, havarti, or aged cheddar.
- Spicy Cheese Tree: Use pepper jack, jalapeño cheddar, or any other spicy cheese for a kick.
- Charcuterie Tree: Combine various cured meats like prosciutto, salami, coppa, or chorizo.
- Seafood Tree: Utilize smoked salmon, shrimp, or crab meat for a seafood twist.
Seasonings and Spreads:
- Herb-infused Cheese: Mix herbs like rosemary, thyme, or basil into cream cheese or goat cheese for added flavor.
- Sweet and Savory: Add a layer of sweetness with fig jam, honey, or cranberry sauce between the cheese layers.
Cracker or Bread Varieties:
- Assorted Crackers: Offer a selection of crackers in different shapes, sizes, and flavors.
- Bread Sticks or Baguette Slices: Use breadsticks or thinly sliced baguette to alternate with crackers.
Decoration and Garnishes:
- Fresh Herbs: Garnish with sprigs of fresh herbs like parsley, basil, or dill for a pop of color.
- Nuts and Dried Fruits: Add pistachios, almonds, or dried cranberries around the tree for texture and taste.
Shapes and Presentation:
- Mini Individual Trees: Create smaller, individual-sized trees for each guest.
- Different Shapes: Use cookie cutters to make star-shaped or other holiday-themed trees.
- Mustard and Honey Dip: Mix Dijon mustard and honey for a tangy-sweet dip.
- Balsamic Glaze: Drizzle a balsamic reduction over the tree for added depth.
Vegetarian or Vegan Options:
- Veggie Tree: Substitute meat with marinated or roasted vegetables like bell peppers, zucchini, or eggplant.
- Vegan Cheese Tree: Use plant-based cheeses and vegan spreads along with assorted nuts and fruits.
- Mediterranean Tree: Feature Mediterranean-inspired flavors like feta cheese, olives, and sun-dried tomatoes.
- Mexican Fiesta Tree: Incorporate Mexican cheeses, jalapeños, and salsa for a spicy kick.
Experimenting with these variations can add a whole new dimension to your meat and cheese Christmas tree, making it a hit for different tastes and preferences!
Printable Recipe Card and Nutritional Values
- 15 slices pepperoni
- 15 slices salami
- 1 pound block of cheddar cheese
- Small star cookie cutter
- Cut the cheese into ¼ inch slices, then use a small star cookie cutter to cut out 10 stars. Set the stars aside.
- Cut the remaining cheese into 10 cubes.
- Stick one toothpick into each cheese cube.
- Fold each slice of pepperoni and salami into quarters (in half, then in half again) and slice three pieces of folded meat onto the toothpick on top of the cheese cube.
- Place one cheese star on top of each tree.
- Serve immediately or refrigerate until ready to serve.
Amount Per Serving Calories 262Total Fat 21gSaturated Fat 11gTrans Fat 1gUnsaturated Fat 9gCholesterol 63mgSodium 597mgCarbohydrates 3gFiber 0gSugar 1gProtein 14g
In conclusion, crafting a meat and cheese Christmas tree is a simple yet delightful way to elevate your holiday gatherings.
This festive treat not only tantalizes taste buds but also adds a charming centerpiece to your table, sparking joy and conversations among guests.
Its effortless assembly allows for creativity and customization, making it a versatile addition to any festive spread.
Whether you’re hosting a large gathering or an intimate celebration, this easy-to-make Christmas tree brings flavor and flair to the season’s festivities, leaving a lasting impression on all who indulge in its deliciousness.
Follow us on Pinterest and PIN IT FOR LATER!