Learn the basics and all the variations for Mini Hasselback Potatoes recipe, from cheese and bacon to garlic for a flavorful side dish.
Hasselback Baby Potato Recipe
If you’re looking for a simple and delicious side dish to impress your guests during fall gatherings, Thanksgiving, or Christmas celebrations, look no further than Mini Hasselback Potatoes.
These crispy and flavorful baby potatoes are easy to make and are a great option for any occasion.
In this article, we’ll provide you with a step-by-step guide on how to make Mini Potatoes, along with tips on how to customize the recipe to your liking.
From using fingerling potatoes to adding cheese, bacon, or garlic, we have you covered with all the variations you’ll need to create the perfect dish.
So, let’s get started and learn how to make these irresistible Mini Hasselback Potatoes!
Why You Will Love These Hasselback Mini Potatoes
- Baby Potatoes make a versatile and delicious side dish for any occasion.
- This easy recipe is customizable and can be scaled down to serve just two people.
- Try adding cheese, bacon, or garlic to make your potatoes even more flavorful.
- Baby potatoes are perfect for fall gatherings, Thanksgiving, or Christmas celebrations.
Makes 5 servings
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 30 minutes
Hasselback Roast Potatoes Ingredients
- Small new potatoes
- Butter, melted
- Minced garlic
- Dried parsley or Rosemary
Why You Will Love This Recipe
Disney’s Frozen Blizzard Cookie recipe is inspired by the popular animated movie Frozen, featuring a delightful blend of flavors and a wintry theme.
The recipe typically includes ingredients like sugar cookie mix, blue food coloring, white chocolate chips, and blue sprinkles.
The cookies are often shaped like snowflakes or decorated to resemble the icy landscape of the film.
These cookies have gained popularity for several reasons:
- Theme and Appeal: The Frozen theme resonates with both kids and adults who love the movie. The cookies, with their frosty appearance and association with the beloved characters, tap into the magic and allure of the Frozen world.
- Visual Appeal: The cookies are visually stunning, often adorned with blue hues, white chocolate, and sparkly sprinkles resembling snowflakes. The vibrant colors and decorative elements make them visually appealing, perfect for parties, gatherings, or themed events.
- Nostalgia and Connection: Disney movies often evoke nostalgia and emotional connections. These cookies allow fans to bring a piece of the movie into their homes, creating a connection to the beloved characters and storyline.
- Fun to Make: Baking these cookies can be a fun activity, especially for families or fans of the movie. The process of mixing, shaping, and decorating the cookies can be an enjoyable experience, especially when shared with others.
- Versatility: The basic recipe can be customized to suit different preferences. Whether it’s altering the shapes, experimenting with different toppings, or adding personal touches, the versatility of the recipe allows for creativity in the kitchen.
Overall, the combination of a beloved movie theme, visually appealing aesthetics, and the joy of baking and sharing these cookies contributes to their popularity and why people love making and enjoying them.
How To Make The Best Hasselback Potatoes
Preheat oven to 400 degrees and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
Cut slits two-thirds of the way into each potato around ¼ inch apart. You can use skewers or a wooden spoon handle to help keep the knife from slicing all the way through the potatoes.
Stir together the butter, garlic, and parsley.
Place potatoes onto the baking sheet and brush garlic butter over each potato. Season with salt and pepper.
Bake potatoes for 20 minutes, then remove potatoes from the oven and baste again with garlic butter.
Continue to bake for an additional 10 to 15 minutes, until the potatoes are cooked through.
Remove potatoes from the oven and baste again before serving.
Hasselback Potatoes For Two
If you don’t need to make a large amount of potatoes, we recommend using just a few potatoes to make this recipe for two. This easy-to-follow recipe requires fewer ingredients and less time to cook.
Choosing the Right Potatoes
When making this recipe, it is important to choose the right type of potato. We recommend using baby potatoes for their small size and sweetness. Fingerling potatoes are also a great option as they have a nutty flavor that pairs well with different seasonings.
Easy Hasselback Potatoes
Our recipe for Easy Hasselback Potatoes requires only a few ingredients, making it quick and easy to prepare. Start by washing and slicing the potatoes, then drizzle with olive oil and your choice of seasonings. Bake in the oven until crispy and golden brown.
Baby Potatoes Recipe with Cheese
If you’re looking to add some extra flavor to your Hasselback Potatoes, try our Baby Potatoes Recipe with Cheese. After slicing the potatoes, insert thin slices of cheese in between each slice. Then, bake in the oven until the cheese is melted and the potatoes are cooked to perfection.
Hasselback Potatoes with Bacon
If you’re a bacon lover, you’ll love our Hasselback Potatoes with Bacon recipe. Simply wrap thin slices of bacon around each potato, then bake in the oven until crispy. The bacon adds a smoky flavor to the potatoes, making them a popular choice for holiday gatherings.
What To Serve With Hasselback Potatoes
- Air Fryer Turkey Breast
- Instant Pot Brown Sugar Hawaiian Ham
- Grilled Huli Huli Hawaiian Chicken Recipe
- Sweet and Spicy Hawaiian Pork Chops
Printable Recipe Card and Mini Potato Nutrition
- 30 small new potatoes
- ½ cup butter, melted
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley or Rosemary
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Cut slits two-thirds of the way into each potato around ¼ inch apart. You can use skewers or a wooden spoon handle to help keep the knife from slicing all the way through the potatoes.
- Stir together the butter, garlic, and parsley.
- Place potatoes onto the baking sheet and brush garlic butter over each potato. Season with salt and pepper.
- Bake potatoes for 20 minutes, then remove potatoes from the oven and baste again with garlic butter.
- Continue to bake for an additional 10 to 15 minutes, until the potatoes are cooked through. Remove potatoes from the oven and baste again before serving.
Amount Per Serving Calories 936Total Fat 20gSaturated Fat 12gTrans Fat 1gUnsaturated Fat 6gCholesterol 49mgSodium 230mgCarbohydrates 176gFiber 18gSugar 10gProtein 21g
Can I use other types of potatoes instead of baby potatoes?
Yes, you can use other types of potatoes for making Hasselback Potatoes. Fingerling potatoes are a popular choice, but you can also use regular-sized potatoes and simply adjust the cooking time accordingly.
Can I make Mini Hasselback Potatoes ahead of time?
While Mini Potatoes are best enjoyed fresh out of the oven, you can partially prepare them ahead of time. After slicing the potatoes, you can place them in a bowl of cold water to prevent them from browning. When you’re ready to bake, simply drain and pat them dry before proceeding with the recipe.
Can I make Mini Hasselback Potatoes without bacon or garlic?
Yes, you can omit the bacon and garlic if you prefer. The basic recipe for Mini Hasselback Potatoes still results in a tasty and crispy dish. However, if you enjoy the flavors of bacon and garlic, they do add an extra layer of deliciousness to the potatoes.
Garlic Hasselback Potatoes Conclusion
Mini Potatoes are the perfect addition to any meal. Their crispy exterior and soft, flavorful interior make them a crowd-pleaser.
Whether you’re looking for a side dish for a holiday gathering or a simple snack, these potatoes are easy to make and require minimal prep time.
Try experimenting with different variations such as using fingerling potatoes or adding cheese, bacon, or garlic to elevate the flavors.
With our easy-to-follow recipe, you can create a delicious dish that will impress your family and friends.
So why not give it a try and serve up some Mini Hasselback Potatoes today!
Follow us on Pinterest and PIN IT FOR LATER!