Homemade Olive Garden tortellini soup captures the classic Italian flavors with creamy broth, tender tortellini, and aromatic herbs of Italy.
Slow Cooker Creamy Sausage Tortellini Soup
Imagine a cold winter evening, with the wind howling outside and the snow gently falling from the sky.
You’re nestled in the comfort of your home, craving something warm and delicious to soothe your soul.
That’s when it hits you – a steaming bowl of creamy tortellini soup.
The kind that Olive Garden is famous for.
Last night, we went to Olive Garden, and it’s always a toss up between Olive Garden’s Zuppa Toscana and the creamy chicken gnocchi soup.
Who doesn’t love unlimited soup?
I love either delicious soup and they always taste better the next day.
But instead of venturing out into the cold and braving the long lines at the restaurant, what if you could create that same mouthwatering soup right in your own kitchen?
With our homemade twist on the Olive Garden tortellini soup recipe, you can do just that.
Pair with our Cheesecake Factory Brown Bread recipe for a complete meal.
By following a few simple steps and using basic ingredients, you can recreate the creamy and flavorful soup that you love.
Our recipe brings the restaurant-style taste to your table with ease.
Whether you’re looking for a comforting meal on a chilly day or want to impress your family and friends with a homemade feast, this olive garden tortellini soup recipe is sure to become a favorite.
So grab your apron and get ready to embark on a culinary journey that will warm your heart and tantalize your taste buds.
This Recipe Is…
- Restaurant quality soup made at home
- A one pot meal
- Easy to make
- Soup your family will love
- One of our most popular recipes
More Copycat Recipes For You
Creamy Tortellini Soup Ingredients
- Sausage Tortellini – The sausage tortellini simmered in a rich broth, releasing its savory flavors with every bite.
- Sweet Italian Sausage Links, hot Italian sausage, or spicy sausage if you prefer – Hearty sausage, crumbled and browned, contributed its robust flavor to the comforting soup, creating a satisfying meal.
- Olive Oil – Creates a nonstick bottom if your slow cooker does not have one.
- Tuscany Chicken Broth – The Tuscany chicken broth added depth and richness to the soup, elevating its flavor profile.
- Heavy Whipping Cream – A splash of heavy cream transformed the soup into a creamy indulgence, adding a luxurious texture and creating a rich soup.
- Minced or Fresh Garlic (if you like lots of garlic, adjust to your preference) – The minced garlic lent its pungent essence to the soup, enhancing its savory notes.
- Carrots sliced – Sliced carrots provided a vibrant pop of color and a hint of sweetness to the hearty soup.
- Celery diced – Diced celery added a refreshing crunch and subtle earthiness to the soup’s texture.
- Onion – The diced onion melted into the broth, releasing its sweet and savory essence.
- Italian Seasoning – Italian seasoning sprinkled into the soup imparted a medley of aromatic herbs and spices.
- Fresh Spinach leaves – Spinach leaves wilted delicately into the soup, adding a burst of freshness and vibrant green color.
- Salt and Black pepper – For additional seasoning.
How to Make Tuscan Soup
Start by removing the casings from your sweet or mild Italian Sausage if you are using links.
Pour a little olive oil in the bottom of the crockpot.
Place in the slow cooker and set to saute or stove top over medium-high heat. Chop the sausage as you are frying.
Continue to fry until you have cooked sausage through. Drain any grease if there is any.
Add your diced onions, chopped celery, sliced carrots, and minced garlic.
Pour in your containers of Tuscany Chicken Broth and add your Italian seasoning.
Stir to mix. Cover and cook on high for 3 hours or low for 6 hours.
Once the cooking time is up, add your sausage tortellini and stir.
Cover and cook for another 30 minutes.
When finished, pour in your heavy cream, stir, then add your spinach leaves.
Cover and cook for another 15 minutes until the spinach leaves are wilted.
Pour into individual bowls and top with shredded Parmesan cheese.
Enjoy with a side of garlic bread for a complete meal.
Once the soup is ready, it’s important to store any leftovers properly. Transfer the soup to an airtight container and refrigerate it. This will help preserve its flavors for the next-day enjoyment.
Easy and Time-Saving Preparation
This tortellini soup recipe is incredibly easy to prepare, making it a convenient option for busy individuals. With just a few simple steps, you can have a delicious homemade version of your favorite soup without spending hours in the kitchen.
The slow cooker method ensures that the flavors develop beautifully, resulting in a rich and satisfying soup.
So say goodbye to long hours in the kitchen and hello to a homemade soups version of your favorite soup that’s quick, easy, and delicious.
Serving and Pairing Suggestions for Restaurant-Style Delight
To complete your meal, consider serving this tortellini soup with some artisan bread and a fresh green salad.
The crusty bread pairs perfectly with the creamy soup, allowing you to savor every bite.
Additionally, the refreshing salad provides a balance to the rich flavors of the soup.
With these serving and pairing suggestions, you can enjoy the best tortellini soup recipe in a complete and satisfying meal.
For best results, place the cooled soup in an airtight container and store it in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
Olive Garden Zuppa Toscana Recipe Tips and Variations
To add a personal touch to this tortellini soup recipe, you can experiment with different variations and ingredients. Here are some tips to customize your creamy tortellini soup:
- Add additional vegetables: Enhance the texture and flavor of your soup by including extra vegetables like russet potatoes. Simply chop them into small pieces and add them to the simmering broth.
- Spice it up: If you prefer a spicier soup, you can increase the amount of red pepper flakes. Adjust the quantity according to your taste preferences, but be careful not to overpower the other flavors.
- Explore other Olive Garden copycat recipes: Expand your culinary repertoire by exploring other Olive Garden copycat recipes. You can create a complete Italian-inspired meal by pairing this easy tortellini soup recipe with dishes like homemade breadsticks or classic pasta dishes.
- Swap out the meat: Instead of ground sausage, add tender chicken and cooked bacon.
- Kale instead of Spinach: Swap out a couple cups of Kale for the spinach.
With these simple variations, you can make this easy tortellini soup recipe truly your own.
Get creative in the kitchen and enjoy the delicious flavors of Olive Garden right at home.
Printable Recipe Card
- 1 package of Sausage Tortellini
- 1 lb or 5 Italian Sausage Links
- 2 containers of Tuscany Chicken Broth
- 1/2 cup of Heavy Cream
- 1/2 tsp. Minced Garlic
- 5 Carrots sliced
- 3 Stalks of Celery diced
- 1 medium Onion diced
- 1 tsp of Italian Seasoning
- 1 cup of Spinach leaves
- Start by removing the casings from your Italian Sausage if you are using links.
- Place in the slow cooker and set to saute or stovetop. Chop the sausage as you are frying.
- Continue to fry until cooked through. Drain any grease if there is any.
- Add your diced onions, chopped celery, sliced carrots, and minced garlic.
- Pour in your containers of Tuscany Chicken Broth and add your Italian seasoning.
- Stir to mix. Cover and cook on high for 3 hours or low for 6 hours.
- Once the time is up, add your sausage tortellini and stir.
- Cover and cook for another 30 minutes.
- When finished, pour in your heavy cream, stir, then add your spinach leaves.
- Cover and cook for another 15 minutes until the spinach leaves are wilted.
- Pour into individual bowls and top with shredded Parmesan cheese.
- Enjoy with a side of garlic bread.
Amount Per Serving Calories 393Total Fat 29gSaturated Fat 13gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 17gCholesterol 71mgSodium 832mgCarbohydrates 16gFiber 3gSugar 5gProtein 18g
With this homemade twist on the Olive Garden tortellini soup recipe, you can recreate the popular restaurant dish right in your own kitchen.
This creamy and flavorful soup is perfect for cozy nights or when you’re craving a taste of Italy.
So next time you are in the mood for the restaurant version of the tortellini Zuppa Toscana soup recipe, make it at home.
Whether you choose to make it on the stovetop, dutch oven, pressure cooker (Instant pot), or in a crock pot, this recipe is guaranteed to become a household favorite.
Follow us on Pinterest and PIN IT FOR LATER!