With a few simple ingredients and a little bit of time, you can make this no-churn peppermint ice cream from scratch.
Peppermint No-Churn Ice Cream
No churn peppermint ice cream is a great way to get in the Christmas spirit – and it’s easy to make!
All you need is some heavy whipping cream, sweetened condensed milk, peppermint extract, and food coloring.
You can buy the cute little plastic jars at the store (or reuse old ones), pop your mixture in them, and freeze them for at least 4 hours. (The longer the better!)
It’s like Christmas year-round! And be sure to check out our Eggnog Pudding Shooters for dessert.
Whether you’re hosting a holiday party or just want some festive desserts for your family, this no-churn recipe is sure to be a hit.
Be sure to visit our blog next week when we share another quick and easy recipe that will make everyone’s mouths water!
No churn peppermint ice cream will have you feeling merry and bright during the winter season and not only does it taste great, but making this treat is easy!
What other types of food do you like to eat this time of year? Share in the comments below.
Why You Will Love This Recipe
There are a few reasons why peppermint no-churn ice cream is a hit with many people:
- Seasonal Appeal: Peppermint has strong associations with the holiday season, especially winter and Christmas. Its refreshing and cool flavor feels festive and fitting for the colder months.
- Refreshing Taste: The combination of peppermint with the creamy texture of ice cream creates a refreshing, palate-cleansing experience. It’s a nice contrast to richer or heavier desserts.
- Ease of Preparation: No-churn ice cream recipes are often simple to make, requiring minimal ingredients and no special equipment like an ice cream maker. This accessibility makes it popular for homemade treats.
- Versatility: Peppermint pairs well with various mix-ins like chocolate chips, crushed candy canes, or swirls of fudge, allowing for creative variations to suit individual tastes.
- Nostalgia: For many, the taste of peppermint ice cream can evoke nostalgic memories of childhood or holidays spent with family, adding an emotional connection to its popularity.
Overall, it’s a delightful and easy-to-make dessert that carries both seasonal charm and a refreshing taste, making it beloved by many.
(Yields 4 cups of ice cream)
Prep time: 10 minutes
Freeze time: 8 hours
What You Need
- Heavy whipping cream
- Red food gel
- Peppermint extract
- Sweetened Condensed milk
- Candy peppermint rounds crushed and powdered, divided
For exact measurements, please see the printable recipe card below.
How to Make No-Churn Peppermint Ice Cream
Add food gel to the desired color. For pink, add 1 teaspoon. For red, add more.
Pour the mixture into a bread pan lined with plastic wrap and smooth the top.
Sprinkle remaining peppermint candy to the top before serving, cover, and freeze for 8-10 hours.
Serve and Enjoy!
- 3 cups of Heavy whipping cream
- Teaspoon of red food gel
- 3 tsp of Peppermint extract
- 1 1/2 tsp Vanilla
- 14 oz can of sweetened Condensed milk
- 1 cup of candy peppermint rounds crushed and powdered, divided
- Add cream to a mixing bowl and whisk on med-high until soft peaks form. Do not over whisk the cream.
- Add 1/2 cup of crushed candy peppermints, 1/4 cup peppermint candy powder, peppermint extract, vanilla, and condensed milk and gently fold together using a spatula.
- Add food gel to the desired color. For pink, add 1 teaspoon. For red, add more. Pour the mixture into a bread pan and smooth the top.
- Sprinkle remaining peppermint candy to the top, cover, and freeze for 8-10 hours. Serve and Enjoy!
Amount Per Serving Calories 1274Total Fat 76gSaturated Fat 48gTrans Fat 2gUnsaturated Fat 23gCholesterol 247mgSodium 240mgCarbohydrates 134gFiber 0gSugar 114gProtein 16g
Be sure to follow us on Pinterest and PIN IT FOR LATER!