These Pumpkin Gingerbread muffins combine the warmth of gingerbread with the sweet and creamy flavor of pumpkin puree for a delightful breakfast or snack.
Homemade Pumpkin Gingerbread Recipe
As the temperature drops and the leaves change colors, it’s time to indulge in some seasonal treats.
What better way to do that than with homemade Pumpkin Gingerbread Muffins?
These muffins combine the warmth of gingerbread with the sweet and creamy flavor of pumpkin puree for a delightful breakfast or snack.
Get ready to enjoy a burst of fall flavors in every bite!
Pumpkin puree is a great ingredient to use in recipes during the fall season.
Not only does it add a subtle sweetness and creamy texture, but it’s also packed with vitamins and antioxidants that promote a healthy diet.
We’ll show you how to make Pumpkin Gingerbread Muffins with pumpkin puree, providing a delicious and nutritious recipe for you to enjoy.
It’s the perfect recipe to kick off the fall season and satisfy your pumpkin cravings.
So let’s get started!
This Recipe Is…
- Pumpkin Gingerbread Muffins are the perfect way to indulge in seasonal flavors.
- Using pumpkin puree in recipes adds a subtle sweetness and healthy nutrients.
Makes 12 muffins
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 30 minutes
Pumpkin Muffins Ingredients
- Baking powder
- Ground ginger
- Pumpkin pie spice
- Ground cinnamon
- Pumpkin puree
- Vegetable oil
- Brown sugar
- Unsulphered molasses
- Vanilla extract
- Sugar (for topping)
For exact measurements, please see the printable recipe card below.
Pro Tip: If you want to add a little extra kick to your muffins, try adding a pinch of cayenne pepper to the dry mix. It will give your muffins a subtle and spicy flavor.
How To Make Pumpkin Gingerbread Muffins Recipe
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees and grease a muffin pan with nonstick cooking spray.
In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, salt, ginger, pumpkin spice, and cinnamon. Set aside.
In a separate bowl, stir together the pumpkin, vegetable oil, brown sugar, molasses, eggs, and vanilla until smooth and well combined.
Add the dry ingredients and stir to mix until just combined.
Spoon the batter into the prepared muffin pan.
Sprinkle sugar over the tops.
Bake for 25 to 30 minutes, until a toothpick inserted into the center of the muffin comes out clean.
Pro Tip: For an extra decadent treat, top your muffins with a dollop of whipped cream cheese frosting or drizzle them with melted white chocolate. Yum!
- Large Bowl – Say goodbye to kitchen clutter with Squish collapsible products that provide instant storage solutions.
- Aluminum pans – Not only can these pans handle cakes and treats, but they’re also perfect for grilling, roasting, and preserving fresh fruits and veggies.
- Mixing Spoon – 4 nonstick silicone mixing spoons that will meet your daily needs and last.
- Parchment Paper – Say Goodbye to Stuck-on Food with this Versatile Cooking Paper!
- Cast Iron Skillet – Get the ultimate cast iron frying pan set with three sizes of 10, 8, and 6 inches, perfect for all your cooking needs at home or on the go.
- Spatula – Multiple shapes to fit all your unique cooking needs. Enjoy stress-free cooking with our versatile spatulas.
- Sharp knife – Slice with ease and maintain sharp blades for longer with our nonstick ceramic coating.
- Aluminum Foil – Say goodbye to messy, uneven foil cutting with our Easy Tear Edge packaging!
- Heavy-duty pot holders – Heat-resistant oven mitts and potholders will shield your hands and forearms while you handle pans, pots, or even a flaming grill. Quality and safety are guaranteed.
- Collapsable Measuring cups – Get precise measurements with collapsible and travel-friendly measuring cups! They are perfect for on-the-go needs and can be easily stored in small spaces.
Variations and Tips
Want to mix things up a bit? Here are some variations and tips to customize the recipe to your liking:
- Substitute applesauce for the vegetable oil to create a lower-fat version of the muffins.
- Add chopped nuts or dried fruit to the batter for an extra punch of flavor and texture.
- Experiment with different types of sweeteners, like honey or maple syrup, for a unique twist on the recipe.
- Use mini muffin tins to create bite-size versions of the muffins.
And there you have it – a delicious and easy recipe for pumpkin gingerbread muffins that will surely become a fall favorite. Happy baking!
More Pumpkin Recipes For You
- Artisan Pumpkin Shaped Bread Loaf
- Easy Pumpkin Sangria Recipe
- Perfect Pumpkin Crunch Cake Recipe
- No Churn Pumpkin Ice Cream Recipe
- Creamy Boozy Pumpkin Shake
Printable Recipe Card and Nutritional Values
- 2 1/2 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons ground ginger
- 2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 15 ounce can pumpkin puree
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup unsulphered molasses
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons sugar (for topping)
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees and grease a muffin pan with nonstick cooking spray.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, salt, ginger, pumpkin spice, and cinnamon. Set aside.
- In a separate bowl, stir together the pumpkin, vegetable oil, brown sugar, molasses, eggs, and vanilla until smooth and well combined.
- Add the dry ingredients and stir to mix until just combined.
- Spoon the batter into the prepared muffin pan and bake for 25 to 30 minutes, until a toothpick inserted into the center of the muffin comes out clean.
- Allow the muffins to cool completely, then prepare the glaze by whisking together the powdered sugar, milk, and vanilla until smooth. Add more milk, if needed, to thin the glaze.
- Drizzle the glaze over the top of the cooled muffins and allow the glaze to harden before serving.
Amount Per Serving Calories 310Total Fat 10gSaturated Fat 1gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 9gCholesterol 31mgSodium 193mgCarbohydrates 51gFiber 2gSugar 29gProtein 4g
Can I substitute molasses with something else?
While molasses adds a unique flavor to these muffins, you can substitute it with an equal amount of honey or maple syrup if desired. It will slightly alter the taste, but still result in delicious muffins.
Can I freeze these muffins?
Yes, these muffins freeze well! Once cooled, you can place them in an airtight container or freezer bag and store them in the freezer for up to 3 months. Thaw them overnight in the refrigerator or microwave them for a quick treat.
Can I use whole wheat flour instead of all-purpose flour?
Definitely! Whole wheat flour adds a nutty flavor and extra fiber to the muffins. You can replace the all-purpose flour with an equal amount of whole wheat flour or use a combination of both for a healthier twist.
Can I add nuts or raisins to the batter?
Absolutely! Feel free to add your favorite mix-ins such as chopped nuts, raisins, or even chocolate chips. Just be mindful of the total volume and ensure the muffin batter is still well-mixed and evenly distributed.
We hope you’re now equipped with all the knowledge required to make the most delicious Pumpkin Gingerbread Muffins anyone’s ever tasted!
While it’s always tempting to stick to the classic recipe, remember that there are numerous ways to tweak it and make it your own.
Whether you prefer to add in some chocolate chips or maybe a sprinkle of sea salt on top, don’t be afraid to experiment. Let your creativity run wild!
Finally, we just want to remind you that Pumpkin Gingerbread Muffins aren’t the only pumpkin recipe out there.
Be sure to take advantage of the delicious pumpkin puree in other types of dishes as well.
From savory soups to sweet pies, pumpkin can be a versatile star ingredient that adds a lovely autumnal vibe to any dish.
Be sure to pin it for later and follow us on Pinterest.