Our delightful pumpkin sangria recipe is easy to make and perfect for fall. This seasonal drink captures the essence of autumn with a perfect balance of flavors.
Seasonal Fall Sangria
As autumn settles in and Thanksgiving approaches, there’s nothing quite like the warmth of a well-crafted sangria to complement the festive atmosphere.
The best sangria recipe often takes inspiration from traditional concoctions while adding a seasonal twist.
Picture a Thanksgiving gathering adorned with glasses of rich and flavorful pumpkin pie sangria, blending the essence of fall with the sweetness of pumpkin pie vodka and the spice of pumpkin spice liqueur.
This delightful autumnal libation brings together the classic elements of sangria with a unique twist, incorporating pumpkin puree into the mix.
The white wine base adds a crisp undertone, creating a perfect harmony of flavors that dance on the palate, making it an ideal companion to the Thanksgiving feast.
Why You Will Love This Recipe
- Our delightful pumpkin sangria recipe is easy to make and perfect for fall.
- This seasonal drink captures the essence of autumn with a perfect balance of flavors.
- Whether you’re planning a Thanksgiving gathering or simply want a refreshing beverage, our pumpkin sangria recipe is the perfect addition.
- Combine traditional sangria ingredients with pumpkin juice, pumpkin pie vodka, and pumpkin spice liqueur for a festive touch.
- Follow our simple step-by-step instructions for a delightful and easy-to-make seasonal drink that will elevate any gathering.
Prep Time: 10 min
What’s In A Sangria
- Homemade pumpkin puree
- Pumpkin pie spice
- Sparkling apple cider
- White wine (we used Pinot Grigio)
- Spiced rum
- Red apples, sliced, plus more for garnish (we used gala apples)
- Cinnamon sticks for garnish
Pro Tip: If you want to add a little extra kick to your muffins, try adding a pinch of cayenne pepper to the dry mix. It will give your muffins a subtle and spicy flavor.
How to Make The Best Sangria Recipe
In a medium saucepan, whisk together water, pumpkin puree, sugar, and vanilla.
Heat on medium heat, until simmering.
Reduce heat slightly and simmer for 10-15 minutes, until syrup begins to thicken.
Remove from heat and set aside.
To your pitcher, add 3 cups sparkling apple cider, 4 ½ cups white wine, and 1 cup spiced rum.
Add 1 cup of the pumpkin syrup you made, plus 2-3 apples, sliced.
To your cocktail glass, add ice and 3-4 apple slices, fill with sangria.
Garnish with a cinnamon stick. Enjoy!
You can discard the rest of the syrup, or put the rest into an airtight container and store it in the refrigerator for coffee or other cocktails.
Common Kitchen Supplies
- Large Bowl – Say goodbye to kitchen clutter with Squish collapsible products that provide instant storage solutions.
- Aluminum pans – Not only can these pans handle cakes and treats, but they’re also perfect for grilling, roasting, and preserving fresh fruits and veggies.
- Mixing Spoon – 4 nonstick silicone mixing spoons that will meet your daily needs and last.
- Parchment Paper – Say Goodbye to Stuck-on Food with this Versatile Cooking Paper!
- Cast Iron Skillet – Get the ultimate cast iron frying pan set with three sizes of 10, 8, and 6 inches, perfect for all your cooking needs at home or on the go.
- Spatula – Multiple shapes to fit all your unique cooking needs. Enjoy stress-free cooking with our versatile spatulas.
- Sharp knife – Slice with ease and maintain sharp blades for longer with our nonstick ceramic coating.
- Aluminum Foil – Say goodbye to messy, uneven foil cutting with our Easy Tear Edge packaging!
- Heavy-duty pot holders – Heat-resistant oven mitts and potholders will shield your hands and forearms while you handle pans, pots, or even a flaming grill. Quality and safety are guaranteed.
- Collapsable Measuring cups – Get precise measurements with collapsible and travel-friendly measuring cups! They are perfect for on-the-go needs and can be easily stored in small spaces.
For those seeking a lighter, fruitier option to balance the Thanksgiving spread, consider a vibrant strawberry cranberry sangria.
This refreshing alternative embraces the tartness of cranberries, the sweetness of ripe strawberries, and the crispness of white wine.
To elevate the experience, a dash of apple sangria adds a subtle fruity complexity.
This medley of flavors, combined with the effervescence of a well-chosen sparkling water, creates a Thanksgiving sangria that is not only visually appealing but also a delightful departure from the traditional.
Whether you opt for the rich pumpkin pie sangria or the lively strawberry cranberry variation, these autumn-inspired concoctions are sure to enhance the festive spirit and add a touch of warmth to your Thanksgiving celebration.
More Beverage Recipes For You
- 44 Hot and Toasty Boozy Drinks
- Creamy Boozy Pumpkin Shake
- Frozen Pineapple Margarita
- Cherry Cream Soda Recipe
White Wine Sangria Fall Sangria Printable Recipe Card
- ½ cup pumpkin puree
- 1 cup sugar
- ½ tsp. Vanilla
- 1 ¼ cups water
- 1 tsp. Pumpkin pie spice
- 3 cups sparkling apple cider
- 4 ½ cups white wine (we used Pinot Grigio)
- 1 cup spiced rum
- 2-3 red apples, sliced, plus more for garnish (we used gala apples)
- Cinnamon sticks for garnish
- In a medium saucepan, whisk together water, pumpkin puree, sugar, and vanilla.
- Heat on medium heat, until simmering.
- Reduce heat slightly and simmer for 10-15 minutes, until syrup begins to thicken.
- Remove from heat and set aside.
- To your pitcher, add 3 cups sparkling apple cider, 4 ½ cups white wine, and 1 cup spiced rum.
- Add 1 cup of the pumpkin syrup you made, plus 2-3 apples, sliced.
- You can discard the rest of the syrup, or put the rest into an airtight container and store in the refrigerator for coffee or other cocktails.
- To your cocktail glass, add ice and 3-4 apple slices, fill with sangria.
- Garnish with a cinnamon stick. Enjoy!
Amount Per Serving Calories 284Total Fat 0gSaturated Fat 0gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 0gCholesterol 0mgSodium 11mgCarbohydrates 40gFiber 2gSugar 34gProtein 0g
Can I use a different type of wine for the pumpkin sangria?
Absolutely! While our recipe calls for white wine, you can experiment with different varieties such as rosé or even red wine to create your own unique twist on pumpkin sangria.
Can I make the pumpkin sangria in advance?
Yes, you can prepare the sangria in advance and refrigerate it. However, we recommend adding the sparkling ingredients, such as sparkling water or champagne, just before serving to ensure maximum dizziness.
How long can I store the leftover pumpkin sangria?
It is best to consume the sangria within 24 hours of preparation for optimal taste and freshness. After that, the flavors may start to deteriorate, and the fruit may become mushy. So drink up and enjoy it while it’s at its best!
Can I make a non-alcoholic version of the pumpkin sangria?
Absolutely! You can omit the alcoholic ingredients and replace the wine with grape juice or apple cider for a delightful non-alcoholic version of the pumpkin sangria. The spices and pumpkin flavor will still make it a delicious fall beverage.
Thanksgiving Sangria Conclusion
In conclusion, our pumpkin sangria recipe is a versatile and delicious fall drink that is sure to impress your guests.
Whether you’re hosting a festive gathering or simply want to enjoy a refreshing beverage, this recipe is the perfect choice.
Be sure to pin it for later and follow us on Pinterest.