They are sweet and whimsical Melted Snowman cookies that are perfect for holiday treats and will bring joy to everyone’s faces.
Easy Melting Snowman Cookies
Baking these Melted Snowman Cookies is a breeze, making it a perfect activity for family gatherings, cookie exchanges, or a cozy afternoon indoors.
These cookies are sure to warm your heart and add a touch of winter wonder to your celebrations.
These adorable treats are perfect for adding a whimsical touch to your holiday gatherings and spreading the festive spirit.
Not only do they look cute and charming, but these cookies are also easy to make.
They are sweet and whimsical cookies that are perfect for holiday treats and will bring joy to everyone’s faces.
Why You Will Love This Recipe
- Aesthetic Appeal: Melted snowman cookies are often decorated to resemble cute, melted snowmen. The creative and whimsical designs can be visually appealing, making them fun and attractive for both children and adults.
- Seasonal Charm: These cookies are often associated with winter and the holiday season, evoking a sense of warmth and festive cheer. The charming snowman designs can add a festive touch to holiday gatherings and parties.
- Novelty Factor: Melted snowman cookies offer a unique and playful twist on traditional sugar cookies. The novelty factor can make them stand out at holiday events and gatherings.
Prep time: 10 minutes
Bake time: 13-18 minutes
Servings: 24 cookies
What You Need
- Premade sugar cookies
- Large marshmallows
- Dark chocolate chips
- Milk chocolate chips
- Orange candy melts
- Powdered sugar, divided
- Corn syrup
- Vanilla, divided
- Meringue powder
Pro Tip: If you want to add a little extra kick to your muffins, try adding a pinch of cayenne pepper to the dry mix. It will give your muffins a subtle and spicy flavor.
This post may contain affiliate links. As an Amazon Services LLC associates program affiliate advertising program, I may earn a small commission with no extra cost to you. See my disclosure policy for more info.
- Large Bowl – Say goodbye to kitchen clutter with Squish collapsible products that provide instant storage solutions.
- Aluminum pans – Not only can these pans handle cakes and treats, but they’re also perfect for grilling, roasting, and preserving fresh fruits and veggies.
- Mixing Spoon – 4 nonstick silicone mixing spoons that will meet your daily needs and last.
- Parchment Paper – Say Goodbye to Stuck-on Food with this Versatile Cooking Paper!
- Cast Iron Skillet – Get the ultimate cast iron frying pan set with three sizes of 10, 8, and 6 inches, perfect for all your cooking needs at home or on the go.
- Spatula – Multiple shapes to fit all your unique cooking needs. Enjoy stress-free cooking with our versatile spatulas.
- Sharp knife – Slice with ease and maintain sharp blades for longer with our nonstick ceramic coating.
- Aluminum Foil – Say goodbye to messy, uneven foil cutting with our Easy Tear Edge packaging!
- Heavy-duty pot holders – Heat-resistant oven mitts and potholders will shield your hands and forearms while you handle pans, pots, or even a flaming grill. Quality and safety are guaranteed.
- Collapsable Measuring cups – Get precise measurements with collapsible and travel-friendly measuring cups! They are perfect for on-the-go needs and can be easily stored in small spaces.
How to Make Melting Snowman Cookies
Preheat oven to 350° degrees F and line the baking sheet with parchment.
Place premade cookies on the baking sheets at least 2 inches apart and bake for 13-18 minutes.
In a stand mixer bowl, combine powdered sugar, meringue powder, vanilla, and water; mix until smooth and lighter in color.
Combine remaining powdered sugar, corn syrup, vanilla, and water in a separate bowl; mix until combined.
Add both icing mixtures together; mix until combined and add additional water one teaspoon at a time to achieve a drizzling consistency.
Melt dark chocolate in a microwave-safe bowl; transfer to a piping bag.
Repeat with milk chocolate and orange candy melts; transfer to piping bags.
Use the dark chocolate bag to pipe eyes and small circles on marshmallows; use an orange candy melt bag to pipe triangular noses between the eyes and mouths of marshmallows.
Spread spoonfuls of icing onto each cookie then place the marshmallow head towards the back of the cookie so that the icing is the body of a snowman; repeat for remaining cookies.
Use a milk chocolate bag to pipe stick arms on either side of the marshmallow head on each cookie; use a dark chocolate bag to pipe
Cookies can be stored in an airtight container for up to 3 days.
More Cookie Recipes For You
- Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Balls
- Easy Cake Mix Cookie Bars
- Reeses Pieces Cookies Recipe
- Disney Frozen Cookies
- Christmas Tree Meringue Cookies
- 1 package premade sugar cookies
- 24 large marshmallows
- ¼ c dark chocolate chips
- ¼ c milk chocolate chips
- ¼ c orange candy melts
- 4 c powdered sugar, divided
- 2 T. corn syrup
- 2 t. Vanilla, divided
- 1 T. meringue powder
- Using the first stand mixer bowl, combine the remaining powdered sugar, corn syrup, vanilla, and 2 tablespoons of water. Mix until combined with the whisk attachment.
- Combine the two icing mixtures into one mixing bowl. Mix on low speed until combined. Stop the machine, scrape the sides, and mix again. Bump up the speed to medium for an additional 2-3 minutes of mixing time If needed to thin the icing, add additional water to the icing one teaspoon at a time until it is thin and a drizzling consistency. Cover the bowl with plastic wrap until ready to decorate.
- Melt the dark chocolate in a microwave-safe bowl, heating in 15-second increments and stirring until smooth. Transfer to a piping bag, and set aside.
- Melt the milk chocolate in a microwave-safe bowl, heating in 15-second increments and stirring until smooth. Transfer to a piping bag, and set aside.
- Place the orange candy melts in a microwave-safe bowl, heating in 15-second increments and stirring until smooth. Transfer to a piping bag, and set aside.
- Cut a small hole in the end of the dark chocolate bag and carefully pipe two eyes on a marshmallow followed by five smaller circles to shape the mouth. Repeat with remaining marshmallows.
- Cut a small hole in the end of the orange candy melt bag and carefully pipe a triangular nose in between the eyes and the mouth on each marshmallow. Set aside.
- Scoop out a spoonful of icing and spread it on each cookie. Get it close to the edge so that occasionally, some icing will spill over but not in excess. Use the back of the spoon to spread where it’s needed. Immediately place your marshmallow head toward the back of the cookie so that the icing is considered the body of the snowman. Repeat with remaining cookies.
- Cut a small hole in the end of the milk chocolate bag and pipe the stick arms on either side of the marshmallow head on each cookie. Repeat with remaining cookies.
- Using the dark chocolate bag again, pipe the coal buttons down the front of the body toward the middle of the cookie. If desired, scatter the “buttons” to reiterate that the snowman is melting and the buttons are askew.
- Allow the icing to set overnight before stacking.
Storage: Cookies can be stored in an airtight container for up to 3 days.
Amount Per Serving Calories 133Total Fat 1gSaturated Fat 1gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 1gCholesterol 1mgSodium 14mgCarbohydrates 31gFiber 0gSugar 28gProtein 0g
Can I replace the pretzel sticks with something else for the snowman’s arms?
Absolutely! If you don’t have pretzel sticks, you can use thin strips of licorice or even small candy canes as a festive alternative.
Can I make the Melted Snowman Cookies in advance?
Yes, you can make the cookies a day or two in advance. Just make sure to store them properly in an airtight container to keep them fresh and decorate them closer to when you plan to serve them.
With just a few key ingredients, including flour, butter, sugar, baking powder, vanilla extract, eggs, white chocolate chips, and pretzel sticks, you can create a batch of adorable snowman-shaped cookies.
And don’t forget the decorations! Use icing and candies to create the snowman’s face, buttons, and accessories.
So, what are you waiting for? Gather your ingredients, follow the easy steps, and enjoy the festive joy of Melted Snowman Cookies this holiday season. Your loved ones will thank you for it!
Be sure to pin it for later and follow us on Pinterest.