Get ready for the spookiest holiday of the year with this easy and delicious recipe! Learn how to make deviled Halloween spider eggs that will delight young ones and adults alike.
Halloween Spider Deviled Eggs
Get ready for Halloween with these spooktacular-deviled Halloween spider eggs.
Not only are they a creepy and delicious snack or appetizer, but they are also an easy treat to put together.
Decorating your deviled eggs to look like spiders delight young ones, adults can enjoy them too!
With such an interesting twist on a traditional favorite, you’ll be sure to have the best snacks around this fall season.
Learn how to make these cute and tasty Halloween spider eggs so you’re prepared when the Hunger scale creeps in at your next Halloween gathering!
Prep: 5 minutes
Yield: 12 servings
Halloween Spider Deviled Eggs are a Halloween-themed twist on the classic deviled eggs. They are styled to resemble spider webs using black olives as spiders, making them a spooky and festive addition to any Halloween party.
The main ingredients needed to make Halloween Deviled Eggs include hard-boiled eggs, mayonnaise, mustard, salt, pepper, and black olives. These ingredients can be easily found at most grocery stores.
Yes, you can customize the recipe and add variations to suit your taste preferences. For example, you can add different spices or herbs to the filling for additional flavor. You can also experiment with different toppings or garnishes to create your own unique spider-themed designs. (See below for more tips!)
Yes, you can make Halloween Eggs ahead of time. However, it is best to add the black olive spider web garnish just before serving to maintain their freshness and appearance.
- Hard-boiled eggs – Hard-boiled eggs are a classic snack or meal that is easy to make and can be eaten on their own or as part of a larger dish.
- Mayonnaise – Mayonnaise is a popular condiment that pairs well with hard-boiled eggs. It adds creaminess and flavor to the eggs, making them even more enjoyable to eat.
- Mustard – Mustard adds a tangy flavor and helps to cut through the richness of the mayonnaise.
- Whole black olives – Black Olives add a salty, briny flavor that pairs nicely with both mayonnaise and mustard.
- Salt and Pepper – The salt will help bring out all of the flavors in each ingredient while also adding its own unique taste, while the pepper will add a subtle spiciness that compliments all of the other flavors perfectly!
Pro Tip: If you want to add a little extra kick to your muffins, try adding a pinch of cayenne pepper to the dry mix. It will give your muffins a subtle and spicy flavor.
This post may contain affiliate links. As an Amazon Services LLC associates program affiliate advertising program, I may earn a small commission with no extra cost to you. See my disclosure policy for more info.
How do I make Halloween Spider Deviled Eggs?
Boil the Eggs
The first step in making deviled eggs is to boil the eggs. To do this, place the eggs in a pot and fill it with enough cold water to cover them completely. Place the pot on the stove over high heat and bring it to a boil. Once boiling, reduce the heat to low and let simmer for 10 minutes. After 10 minutes, remove from heat and let cool before peeling and washing clean of shells.
Cut Eggs into Equal Halves
Once cooled, peel the hardboiled eggs and wash them clean of shells. Cut each egg in half lengthwise so that you have two equal halves with one yolk in each half. Carefully separate each egg yolk from its white, placing all of the yolks into a bowl for later use.
Mash Egg Yolks & Add Mayonnaise & Mustard
Mash up all of the egg yolks until they are smooth and creamy, then add mayonnaise and mustard until combined. Stir until everything is well mixed together, then season with salt and pepper to taste if desired.
Fill Each Egg White Half With a Yolk Mixture
Fill each egg white half with the prepared yolk mixture using a spoon or piping bag if desired for a more decorative look.
Decorate With Olives
To give your deviled eggs an extra touch of decoration, cut whole black olives in half lengthwise so that you have two equal halves with one olive seed in each half. Use one half of the spider body in the middle of each egg white filled with yolk mixture, then cut the other half of olive into 8 small slices to use as spider legs around it!
Tips for making the perfect Halloween Spider Deviled Eggs?
Here are some tips for making the perfect Halloween Spider Deviled Eggs:
- Make sure to properly boil and peel the eggs to ensure they are easy to work with and have a smooth texture.
- Use a piping bag or a resealable plastic bag with a corner snipped off to neatly fill the egg whites with the deviled egg filling.
- When garnishing with black olive slices, gently press them into the filling to create a secure attachment.
- Chill the deviled eggs in the refrigerator before serving to allow the flavors to meld together.
Serving and Presentation Ideas for Halloween Spider Deviled Eggs
Once your Halloween Eggs are prepared, it’s time to get creative with the presentation! Here are some spooky and fun serving ideas:
|Spiderweb Platter||Arrange the deviled eggs in a circular pattern on a black platter, then use a toothpick to draw spiderweb lines with black food coloring gel. Place a plastic spider in the center for an extra spooky touch.|
|Ghosts and Goblins||Place the deviled eggs on a bed of chopped black olives or black beans to resemble dirt. Use sliced black olives to create ghostly shapes or place small candy eyes on top of the filling to make funny goblin faces.|
|Pumpkin Patch||Arrange the deviled eggs on a bed of shredded lettuce to resemble grass, then place small pumpkin candies or orange bell pepper slices around the eggs to create a pumpkin patch theme.|
For an added touch, consider serving your Halloween Spider Deviled Eggs on Halloween-themed plates or platters. You can also use black and orange napkins or utensils to tie the whole presentation together.
Get creative and have fun with the presentation to make your Halloween Spider Deviled Eggs the talk of the party!
Tips and Variations for Halloween Spider Deviled Eggs
If you’re looking to make your Halloween Spider Deviled Eggs even more unique and delicious, there are a few tips and variations you can try.
Here are some ideas:
- Spice it up: For a spicier twist, add a pinch of cayenne pepper or chili powder to the deviled egg filling. You can also top each egg with a small piece of jalapeño for an extra kick.
- Use different fillings: Instead of a classic deviled egg filling, try mixing things up with flavored cream cheese or hummus.
- Make it vegetarian or vegan: If you’re serving guests with dietary restrictions, substitute the mayo and sour cream with vegan or vegetarian alternatives. You can also use tofu or avocado instead of egg yolks for the filling.
- Add toppings: Get creative with your toppings! Instead of a spider web decoration, you can top each egg with chopped bacon, smoked salmon, or even chopped olives.
- Switch up the eggs: Try making your spider deviled eggs with quail eggs or duck eggs instead of chicken eggs for a unique twist on the classic recipe.
These tips and variations are sure to make your Halloween Spider Deviled Eggs stand out.
Don’t be afraid to experiment and have fun with different flavors and ingredients!
More Halloween Recipes
- Halloween Brimstone Bread
- Morticia Jello Shots Recipe
- Halloween Candied Apple Slices
- Kids Halloween Party Drink
- Hocus Pocus Popcorn
- Floating Eyeball Jello Shots
- Bloody Party Syringe Shots
- 6 hard-boiled eggs
- 3-4 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1 ½ teaspoons mustard
- 12+ whole black olives
- Salt and Pepper
- Peel the hardboiled eggs and wash them clean of shells.
- Cut eggs into equal halves.
- Separate the egg yolk from the white, putting the yolks into a bowl.
- Mash egg yolks and add mayonnaise and mustard.
- Stir until combined.
- Salt and pepper to taste.
- Fill each egg white half with the yolk mixture.
- Cut whole black olives in half.
- Use one half of the spider body in the middle of the egg.
- Cut the other half of the olive into 8 small slices.
- Arrange slices as the spider legs.
Amount Per Serving Calories 71Total Fat 6gSaturated Fat 1gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 4gCholesterol 95mgSodium 94mgCarbohydrates 0gFiber 0gSugar 0gProtein 3g
Overall, Halloween Spider Deviled Eggs are a perfect addition to any Halloween party or gathering.
Not only do they taste delicious, but they also add a spooky and fun touch to the occasion.
By following the simple step-by-step instructions provided in this article, you can create a visually stunning and scrumptious snack to impress your guests.
Remember, it’s all about the presentation!
Get creative with your platter and decoration ideas to enhance the Halloween theme.
Don’t hesitate to try different variations of the recipe to suit your preferences and dietary restrictions.
Get Spooky and Have Fun!
Embrace the Halloween spirit and have fun experimenting with this exciting and unusual recipe.
With the right ingredients and a little bit of creativity, you can turn a simple snack into a spooky delight.
So go ahead and give it a try! Your guests will love these devilishly good Halloween Spider Deviled Eggs, and you’ll have a blast making them. Happy Halloween!
Be sure to follow us on Pinterest and PIN IT FOR LATER!