Bring out your inner goth with these smooth-tasting and visually stunning delicious Morticia Jello Shots, perfect for any occasion.
Spook Up Your Next Cocktail Hour
Bring out your inner goth with these delicious Morticia Jello Shots.
Add some spookiness to your next cocktail hour with our delicious Morticia Jello Shots!
These shots are the perfect way to get in the Halloween spirit and add a bit of fun to any occasion.
Not only do they look great, but their smooth taste is sure to be enjoyed by all.
Even those who may not usually like jello shots!
Prep: 20 Minutes
Active Time: 8 Hours
Cook: 8 Minutes
Serves: 7 cups for 5.5 oz. size or 14 shots for 2.2 oz. size
This Recipe Is…
- Morticia Jello Shots Recipe is popular for its fun aesthetic and ability to evoke dark themes.
- It can incorporate a variety of flavors, from fruity to creamy to sweet.
- The combination of alcohol and jello creates a playful experience for parties or gatherings.
- Jello shots don’t require utensils or glassware and allow for creative presentation elements.
- They may also be symbolic of community traditions or nostalgic memories from the past.
- Lastly, jello shots are highly customizable and can be adapted according to personal preferences.
The best alcohol to use for jello shots depends on your personal preference and the flavor you want to achieve. Some popular choices for jello shots include:
Vodka: Clear and flavorless, vodka is a versatile option that pairs well with a wide range of jello flavors. It’s a common choice for jello shots.
Rum: Light or dark rum can add a nice tropical flavor to your jello shots. Coconut rum is a popular option for tropical-themed shots.
Tequila: If you want to make margarita-flavored jello shots, tequila is the way to go. It pairs well with lime or citrus-flavored jello.
Whiskey: Whiskey or bourbon can add a rich, warm flavor to your jello shots. It works well with fruit-flavored jello or chocolate-flavored jello for a unique twist.
Schnapps: Peach schnapps, apple schnapps, or other fruit-flavored schnapps can be used for fruity and sweet jello shots.
Triple Sec or Orange Liqueur: These can be used to create orange-flavored jello shots or enhance the citrusy notes in other fruit-flavored jello.
Coconut Liqueur: Coconut liqueur, like Malibu, can be used to make coconut-flavored jello shots or complement tropical fruit flavors.
- Red Jell-O
- Strawberries are 5.5 oz size or 14 strawberries for 2.2 oz. size
- Black sparkle gel by Wilton
- Wood skewers
Pro Tip: If you want to add a little extra kick to your muffins, try adding a pinch of cayenne pepper to the dry mix. It will give your muffins a subtle and spicy flavor.
- Parchment paper
- Cookie sheet
- Medium bowl
- Souffle cups
- Microwave safe bowl
Make red Jell-O as directed on the package. If you would like to add rum then replace 1/2 cup cold water with 1/2 cup rum in the recipe.
Place the Jello in the fridge for up to 8 hours or until set. Once Jell-O is set move to the next step.
Place a skewer into the bottom of the strawberry and cut it to fit the size of the cup you are using.
Cut the strawberry into a rose. Do this by starting at the lower part of the strawberry and cutting a petal at each four ends of the strawberry. Then cut in between those on the next layer. Then cut the top. Place into the jello.
Decorate the edge with black sparkle gel.
More Halloween Recipes
- Nutter Butter Mummies
- Easy Halloween Spider Donuts
- Dirt and Worms Sundae
- Hocus Pocus Candy Bark
- Halloween Spider Cookies
- Dirt and Worms Cupcakes
- Jack Skellington Jello Shots
- 1 – 6 oz. box red Jell-O
- 7 strawberries 5.5 oz size or 14 strawberries for 2.2 oz. size
- 1 tube black sparkle gel by Wilton
- wood skewers
- Make red Jell-O as directed on the package. If you would like to add rum then replace 1/2 cup cold water with 1/2 cup rum in the recipe.
- Place the Jello in the fridge for up to 8 hours or until set. Once Jell-O is set move to the next step.
- Cut the strawberry into a rose. Do this by starting at the lower part of the strawberry and cutting a petal at each four ends of the strawberry. Then cut in between those on the next layer. Then cut the top.
- Place a skewer into the bottom of the strawberry and cut it to fit the size of the cup you are using. Place into the jello.
- Decorate the edge with black sparkle gel.
- Serve cold!
Amount Per Serving Calories 53Total Fat 1gSaturated Fat 0gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 0gCholesterol 0mgSodium 2mgCarbohydrates 13gFiber 3gSugar 8gProtein 1g
Morticia Jello Shots Conclusion
When making jello shots, it’s important to consider the alcohol content and your guests’ preferences.
The strength of the shots will depend on the ratio of alcohol to water in the recipe, so you can adjust it to suit your audience.
Remember to consume jello shots responsibly, as they can be deceptively strong due to their sweet and flavorful nature.
Be sure to follow us on Pinterest and PIN IT FOR LATER!