Get into the spooky spirit of Halloween this year with a batch of delicious Jack Skellington Jello shots! Make them kid-friendly or adult-boozy for fun times!
Jack Skellington Jello Cups
It’s no secret that Jack Skellington, the star of Tim Burton’s The Nightmare Before Christmas, has become an icon for Halloween lovers everywhere.
His spooky yet whimsical aesthetic is one we can’t help but love.
And now you can bring his spirit to your next gathering with a delicious batch of Jack Skellington Jello Shots!
This fun and festive twist on the classic party treat is sure to be a hit with any crowd thanks to its simple ingredients and impressive visual appeal.
These easy-to-make jello shots make for the perfect finish to a costume party or an extra special way to enjoy some family time in front of the fireplace this fall.
So whether you’re hosting friends or staying at home this season, pumpkin spice isn’t your only option when it comes to quenching your thirst.
Jack Skellington Jello Shots are here for all your hauntingly delectable needs!
Prep: 20 Minutes
Cook: 5 Minutes
Additional Time – 24 Hours
Serves: 7 – 5.5 oz cups or 14 – 2.2 oz shots
- Knox clear gelatin
- Sweetened condensed milk
- Oreo cookies
- Ghirardelli’s white chocolate
- Black sparkle gel (Wiltons)
For exact measurements, please see the printable recipe card below.
This post may contain affiliate links. As an Amazon Services LLC associates program affiliate advertising program, I may earn a small commission with no extra cost to you. See my disclosure policy for more info.
How to Make Jack Skellington Jello Shots
Before you begin making your Jack Skellington Oreo Jello Pops, you’ll need to gather the necessary ingredients.
Bloom the Gelatin
In a bowl, sprinkle the two envelopes of gelatin into the 1/2 cup cold water and allow it to sit for five minutes. This process is called blooming and it will help dissolve the gelatin when heated in the next step.
After five minutes, your gelatin should look mostly dissolved and have a wrinkly surface on top.
Add Boiling Water & Rum
Once your gelatin has bloomed add in boiling water and rum (or replace with water if you’re looking for a nonalcoholic option). Stir until all of the gelatin is dissolved completely. Then add in one can of condensed milk and stir again until everything is fully combined.
Pour Into Cups & Refrigerate Overnight
Now it’s time to pour your jello mixture into cups or molds of your choice! Make sure that each mold is filled almost to the top before placing them in the refrigerator overnight so that they can be set properly.
Assemble Your Jack Skellington Oreo Jello Pops
Once your jello pops are set it’s time to assemble them! Start by melting some chocolate according to the directions on the bag.
Then dip each Oreo into the melted chocolate before placing them on a sheet of parchment paper on a baking pan.
Make sure to stick sticks behind them so they stay attached when frozen later on!
Place them in the fridge till the chocolate dries then draw on Jack Skellington’s face before putting it back into the freezer until ready to serve!
Tips and Tricks
Use pre-made vanilla pudding cups instead of making your own.
More Halloween Recipes
- Candy Corn Jello Shots
- Bloody Shirley Temples Recipe
- Easy Halloween Ghost Cookies
- Jack Skellington Hot Chocolate Bombs
- Halloween Avocado Toast Recipe
- Halloween Monster Oreo Truffles
- Twinkie Mummies Recipe
- Halloween Monster Oreo Truffles
- Jack-O-Peppers Halloween Stuffed Peppers Recipe
Printable Recipe Card and Nutritional Values
- 2 packets Knox clear gelatin
- 14 oz. Can sweetened condensed milk
- 7 Oreo cookies for 5.5 oz and 14 Oreo cookies for 2.2 oz.
- 1 bag of Ghirardelli’s white chocolate
- 7 sticks or 14 sticks
- 1 tube black sparkle gel (Wiltons)
- In a bowl, sprinkle 2 envelopes of unflavored gelatin into 1/2 cup cold water and allow to sit for 5 minutes.
- After the gelatin blooms (it will look mostly dissolved and get wrinkly on the surface), add 1 cup boiling water and 1/2 cup rum (replace with water if you want nonalcoholic); stir to dissolve.
- Add the can of condensed milk and stir to combine.
- Pour into the cups and refrigerate overnight.
- Melt chocolate as directed on the bag.
- Dip Oreos into the chocolate and place on a sheet of parchment paper on a baking pan. Make sure to stick the sticks behind them so they stick to it.
- Place in fridge for 10 minutes till the chocolate dries.
- Draw on the face of Jack Skellington on the Oreo with the black glitter gel.
- Place back in the freezer until ready to serve.
- When ready to serve place the sticks into the jello and serve cold!
Amount Per Serving Calories 1817Total Fat 73gSaturated Fat 25gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 45gCholesterol 29mgSodium 1368mgCarbohydrates 279gFiber 9gSugar 180gProtein 24g
Be sure to pin it for later and follow us on Pinterest.