Grinch Cookies are a simple and festive solution to holiday grinchiness. These cookies are quick to make and perfect for spreading cheer with loved ones.
Grinch Sugar Cookies – Your Solution to Holiday Grinchiness
Are you feeling a bit like the Grinch this holiday season?
Do you need something to lift your spirits and help you spread some festive cheer?
Look no further than our Easy Grinch Cookies.
These cookies are quick to make, fun to decorate, and absolutely delicious to eat.
Whether you’re baking them for yourself or to share with loved ones, our Grinch Cookies are sure to brighten up any holiday gathering.
Why We Love This Recipe
- Grinch Cookies are a simple and festive solution to holiday grinchiness.
- These cookies are quick to make and perfect for spreading cheer with loved ones.
- With just a few ingredients and some easy steps, you’ll have these delightful treats ready in no time.
- Our Easy Grinch Cookies recipe is sure to become a holiday staple in your kitchen for years to come.
- Don’t let the Grinch steal your holiday spirit – bake some Easy Grinch Cookies today!
Prep: 15 Minutes
Cook: 8 Minutes
In Active: 1 Hour
Makes: 23 Cookies ( depends on size of round cookie cutter)
What You Need
- All-purpose flour
- Baking powder
- Baking soda
- Unsalted butter; room temperature
- Granulated sugar
- Egg; room temperature
- Sour cream; room temperature
- Vanilla extract
- Vanilla frosting Pillsbury
- White frosting Pillsbury (for piping names)
- Neon green food gel
- Christmas sprinkles
Why You Will Love This Recipe
Disney’s Frozen Blizzard Cookie recipe is inspired by the popular animated movie Frozen, featuring a delightful blend of flavors and a wintry theme.
The recipe typically includes ingredients like sugar cookie mix, blue food coloring, white chocolate chips, and blue sprinkles.
The cookies are often shaped like snowflakes or decorated to resemble the icy landscape of the film.
These cookies have gained popularity for several reasons:
- Theme and Appeal: The Frozen theme resonates with both kids and adults who love the movie. The cookies, with their frosty appearance and association with the beloved characters, tap into the magic and allure of the Frozen world.
- Visual Appeal: The cookies are visually stunning, often adorned with blue hues, white chocolate, and sparkly sprinkles resembling snowflakes. The vibrant colors and decorative elements make them visually appealing, perfect for parties, gatherings, or themed events.
- Nostalgia and Connection: Disney movies often evoke nostalgia and emotional connections. These cookies allow fans to bring a piece of the movie into their homes, creating a connection to the beloved characters and storyline.
- Fun to Make: Baking these cookies can be a fun activity, especially for families or fans of the movie. The process of mixing, shaping, and decorating the cookies can be an enjoyable experience, especially when shared with others.
- Versatility: The basic recipe can be customized to suit different preferences. Whether it’s altering the shapes, experimenting with different toppings, or adding personal touches, the versatility of the recipe allows for creativity in the kitchen.
Overall, the combination of a beloved movie theme, visually appealing aesthetics, and the joy of baking and sharing these cookies contributes to their popularity and why people love making and enjoying them.
How to Make Max’s Favorite Grinch Cookies
Cream the butter and sugar until fluffy. Beat in the egg, vanilla, and sour cream.
Combine the flour, salt, baking powder, baking soda, and cornstarch in a bowl then whisk together.
Add the dry mixture to the wet and mix on low until just combined. Use your spatula to scrape down the bowl.
Shape dough into a disk then cover in plastic and chill for one hour.
Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Roll the dough out to 1/4 inch then use a 2 inch circular cookie cutter to cut the cookies.
You may use any size round cutter or biscuit cutter just know this will affect the size and amount of cookies. Reroll the scraps and cut the remaining cookies.
Transfer cookies to parchment-lined baking sheets and bake at 375 degrees F for 8 minutes. Remove with baking spatula to a cooling rack. Cool completely.
While cookies are cooling make the icing. Use the vanilla icing and mix together with two drops neon green food gel. Mix well.
Ice cookies with a butter knife or small spatula. Top with sprinkles.
Put white icing into a piping bag with a round tip. Write on Grinch. Add sprinkles around the writing.
“I must find some way to keep Christmas from coming!” -The Grinch
More Grinch Recipes For You
- Grinch Ice Cream Float Recipe
- Grinch Macarons Recipe
- Christmas Cocktails Variations
- Grinch Christmas Shots
- Grinch Christmas Fluff Dip Recipe
Printable Recipe Card and Calories
- 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter; room temperature
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 egg; room temperature
- 1/4 cup sour cream; room temperature
- 1 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 16 oz vanilla frosting Pillsbury
- 1/2 cup white frosting Pillsbury (for piping names)
- 2 drops neon green food gel
- 4 tablespoons christmas sprinkles
- Cream the butter and sugar until fluffy. Beat in the egg, vanilla, and sour cream.
- Combine the flour, salt, baking powder, baking soda, and cornstarch in a bowl then whisk together.
- Add the dry mixture to the wet and mix on low until just combined. Use your spatula to scrape down the bowl.
- Shape dough into a disk then cover in plastic and chill for one hour.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Roll the dough out to 1/4 inch then use a 2-inch circular cookie cutter to cut the cookies. You may use any size round cutter or biscuit cutter just know this will affect the size and amount of cookies. Reroll the scraps and cut the remaining cookies.
- Transfer cookies to parchment-lined baking sheets and bake at 375 degrees F for 8 minutes. Remove with a baking spatula to a cooling rack. Cool completely.
- While cookies are cooling make the icing. Use the vanilla icing and mix together with two drops of neon green food gel. Mix well.
- Ice cookies with a butter knife or a small spatula. Top with sprinkles.
- Put white icing into a piping bag with a round tip. Write on Grinch. Add sprinkles around the writing.
Amount Per Serving Calories 245Total Fat 10gSaturated Fat 4gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 5gCholesterol 20mgSodium 124mgCarbohydrates 38gFiber 0gSugar 26gProtein 2g
- Large Bowl – Say goodbye to kitchen clutter with Squish collapsible products that provide instant storage solutions.
- Aluminum pans – Not only can these pans handle cakes and treats, but they’re also perfect for grilling, roasting, and preserving fresh fruits and veggies.
- Mixing Spoon – 4 nonstick silicone mixing spoons that will meet your daily needs and last.
- Parchment Paper – Say Goodbye to Stuck-on Food with this Versatile Cooking Paper!
- Cast Iron Skillet – Get the ultimate cast iron frying pan set with three sizes of 10, 8, and 6 inches, perfect for all your cooking needs at home or on the go.
- Spatula – Multiple shapes to fit all your unique cooking needs. Enjoy stress-free cooking with our versatile spatulas.
- Sharp knife – Slice with ease and maintain sharp blades for longer with our nonstick ceramic coating.
- Aluminum Foil – Say goodbye to messy, uneven foil cutting with our Easy Tear Edge packaging!
- Heavy-duty pot holders – Heat-resistant oven mitts and potholders will shield your hands and forearms while you handle pans, pots, or even a flaming grill. Quality and safety are guaranteed.
- Collapsable Measuring cups – Get precise measurements with collapsible and travel-friendly measuring cups! They are perfect for on-the-go needs and can be easily stored in small spaces.
Can I make substitutions in the Easy Grinch Cookies recipe?
Absolutely! Feel free to get creative and make substitutions according to your taste preferences or dietary restrictions. Just keep in mind that it may slightly alter the texture and taste of the cookies.
How long do the Easy Grinch Cookies stay fresh?
If stored in an airtight container at room temperature, the cookies will stay fresh for up to 5 days. However, we doubt they’ll last that long before being devoured!
Can I freeze the Easy Grinch Cookies?
Yes, you can freeze the cookies! Once they have completely cooled, place them in a freezer-safe container or bag. They can be stored in the freezer for up to 3 months. Just make sure to thaw them before serving.
Can I double the recipe to make more Easy Grinch Cookies?
Absolutely! If you’re expecting a crowd or simply want to stock up on these delicious treats, feel free to double or even triple the recipe. Just remember to adjust the baking time accordingly.
Can I use store-bought cookie dough for the Easy Grinch Cookies?
Sure, but you won’t get the same taste as homemade cookie dough.
Our Easy Grinch Cookies recipe is sure to bring some holiday cheer and put a smile on everyone’s face.
With just a few simple ingredients and easy-to-follow instructions, you’ll have a batch of delicious cookies in no time.
Not only are these cookies a treat for your taste buds, but they also add a touch of festive ambiance to any holiday gathering.
You can even get creative with the decorations and make each cookie unique.
So, whether you’re feeling like a Grinch or just looking to spread some holiday cheer, these Easy Grinch Cookies are the perfect recipe for you.
Give it a try and watch your friends and family get into the holiday spirit with each tasty bite.
Follow us on Pinterest and PIN IT FOR LATER!