Stove Top Stuffing Turkey Casserole combines the flavors of turkey and stuffing creating a delicious and comforting dish that the whole family will love.
Easy Turkey and Stuffing Casserole
This savory casserole is the perfect way to repurpose your Thanksgiving dinner leftovers or make a holiday feast in one pan.
It combines the flavors of turkey and stuffing creating a delicious and comforting dish that the whole family will love.
With simple ingredients like stovetop stuffing mix, cream of mushroom soup, and sour cream, this casserole is easy to make and can be ready in just 45 minutes.
Whether you’re looking for a quick next-day meal or a delicious way to repurpose your Thanksgiving leftovers, this Stove Top stuffing turkey casserole is the perfect solution.
So grab your casserole dish and make a leftover turkey casserole.
Why You Will Love This Holiday Meal
- Stove Top stuffing turkey casserole is a delicious way to repurpose your Thanksgiving leftovers.
- It combines the flavors of turkey and stuffing with a creamy sauce.
- Simple ingredients like Stove Top stuffing mix, cream of mushroom soup, and sour cream make this casserole easy to make.
- The casserole can be ready in just 45 minutes.
- It’s a great way to enjoy the flavors of Thanksgiving in a new and exciting way.
Yes, leftover stuffing adds extra flavor and texture to the dish.
The casserole can be kept in the freezer for up to 2 months.
Makes 6 servings
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 30 minutes
Stove Top Stuffing Casserole Ingredients
- Thick-cut deli turkey or 2 cups of turkey (shred leftover whole turkey)
- Stove Top stuffing mix
- Water or Chicken stock
- Turkey gravy mix, prepared
Pro Tip: If you want to add a little extra kick to your muffins, try adding a pinch of cayenne pepper to the dry mix. It will give your muffins a subtle and spicy flavor.
This post may contain affiliate links. As an Amazon Services LLC associates program affiliate advertising program, I may earn a small commission with no extra cost to you. See my disclosure policy for more info.
- Large Bowl – Say goodbye to kitchen clutter with Squish collapsible products that provide instant storage solutions.
- Aluminum pans – Not only can these pans handle cakes and treats, but they’re also perfect for grilling, roasting, and preserving fresh fruits and veggies.
- Mixing Spoon – 4 nonstick silicone mixing spoons that will meet your daily needs and last.
- Parchment Paper – Say Goodbye to Stuck-on Food with this Versatile Cooking Paper!
- Cast Iron Skillet – Get the ultimate cast iron frying pan set with three sizes of 10, 8, and 6 inches, perfect for all your cooking needs at home or on the go.
- Spatula – Multiple shapes to fit all your unique cooking needs. Enjoy stress-free cooking with our versatile spatulas.
- Sharp knife – Slice with ease and maintain sharp blades for longer with our nonstick ceramic coating.
- Aluminum Foil – Say goodbye to messy, uneven foil cutting with our Easy Tear Edge packaging!
- Heavy-duty pot holders – Heat-resistant oven mitts and potholders will shield your hands and forearms while you handle pans, pots, or even a flaming grill. Quality and safety are guaranteed.
- Collapsable Measuring cups – Get precise measurements with collapsible and travel-friendly measuring cups! They are perfect for on-the-go needs and can be easily stored in small spaces.
How to Make Turkey and Stuffing Casserole with Gravy
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees and grease a baking dish with nonstick cooking spray.
Arrange the turkey breast or turkey pieces in the bottom of the baking dish.
Drizzle the turkey gravy over the top of the turkey.
Combine the water and butter in a small saucepan. Cook over medium heat until the water begins to boil and the butter is melted.
Stir in the dry stuffing mix and mix until fluffy.
Spread the prepared stuffing over the top of the turkey and gravy.
Bake in the preheated oven for 30 minutes, until the stuffing is golden brown.
Freezing and Reheating Stove Top Stuffing Turkey Casserole
If you have leftovers of the delicious stovetop stuffing turkey casserole, don’t let them go to waste! You can easily freeze and reheat the casserole for future meals. Follow these simple steps to ensure that your leftovers stay fresh and flavorful:
- Allow the casserole to cool completely before freezing. This will prevent condensation from forming and affecting the texture of the dish.
- Transfer the leftovers to an airtight container or freezer-safe bag. Make sure to label the container with the date and contents for easy identification later on.
- Place the container in the freezer and store it for up to 2 months. The airtight packaging will help preserve the flavors and prevent freezer burn.
When you’re ready to enjoy your Stove Top stuffing turkey casserole, simply thaw it in the refrigerator overnight. This slow thawing process ensures that the casserole retains its taste and texture. You can then reheat it in the oven until warmed through. Remember to keep the dish covered to prevent it from drying out.
Freezing and Reheating Tips for Leftover Turkey Stuffing Casserole:
- For individual servings, consider portioning the casserole into single-serving containers before freezing. This way, you can easily thaw and reheat only what you need without wasting any leftovers.
- If you prefer a crispier texture, you can also reheat the casserole in a skillet on the stovetop. This will give the edges a nice golden brown color and add some extra crunch.
“Freezing your Stove Top stuffing turkey casserole is a great way to have a homemade meal ready to go whenever you’re in the mood for comfort food. Just follow these simple steps and you’ll have a delicious dish waiting for you in the freezer!”
Table: Freezing and Reheating Stove Top Stuffing Turkey Casserole
|1||Allow the casserole to cool completely before freezing.|
|2||Transfer the leftovers to an airtight container or freezer-safe bag.|
|3||Label the container with the date and contents.|
|4||Place the container in the freezer and store for up to 2 months.|
|5||Thaw the casserole in the refrigerator overnight.|
|6||Reheat in the oven until warmed through.|
Tips for Making the Perfect Stove Top Stuffing Turkey Casserole
When it comes to creating a delicious and moist stovetop stuffing turkey casserole, these tips will help you take it to the next level.
By following these simple suggestions, you can elevate the flavors and ensure a satisfying meal using your Thanksgiving leftovers.
Use flavorful turkey leftovers: To infuse your casserole with maximum flavor, opt for turkey leftovers that have been cooked with spices or marinades. This will enhance the taste and make each bite more enjoyable.
Incorporate leftover stuffing: If you have any leftover stuffing from your Thanksgiving feast, don’t hesitate to include it in the casserole. The additional stuffing will add extra layers of flavor and give the dish a delightful texture.
Sauté vegetables for added depth: Before adding vegetables like celery and onions to the casserole, consider sautéing them first. This simple step can enhance the flavors and provide an extra element of texture to the dish.
Pour leftover gravy on top: For an indulgent twist, drizzle some leftover turkey gravy over the casserole before baking. The gravy will keep the dish moist and impart a rich, savory taste that complements the other ingredients perfectly.
By keeping these tips in mind, you’ll be able to create a mouthwatering Stove Top stuffing turkey casserole that is flavorful, moist, and a delightful way to enjoy your Thanksgiving leftovers.
Serving Suggestions for Stove Top Stuffing Turkey Casserole
Once you have prepared your delicious Stove Top stuffing turkey casserole, it’s time to think about the perfect ways to serve it. Here are some serving suggestions that will elevate your casserole to a complete and satisfying meal:
Pair with Cranberry Sauce
|Serving Suggestions for Stove Top Stuffing Turkey Casserole|
|Cranberry Sauce||The tanginess of cranberry sauce pairs perfectly with the savory flavors of the casserole. The sweetness and slight tartness of the sauce complement the richness of the turkey and stuffing, adding a burst of flavor to each bite. Spoon some cranberry sauce over your casserole or serve it alongside as a condiment. The combination of flavors will tantalize your taste buds and make your meal extra special.|
Serve with Green Beans
|Serving Suggestions for Stove Top Stuffing Turkey Casserole|
|Green Beans||Freshly steamed or roasted green beans make a great side dish to accompany the casserole. Not only do they add vibrant color to your plate, but they also provide a refreshing and nutritious element to balance the richness of the casserole. The crispness of the green beans pairs well with the creamy texture of the casserole, creating a well-rounded and satisfying meal.|
Don’t forget the Sweet Potatoes!
By incorporating these serving suggestions into your meal, you can elevate the flavors and create a complete dining experience.
The tangy cranberry sauce and the vibrant green beans will complement the savory Stove Top stuffing turkey casserole, providing a balance of flavors and textures.
Whether you’re serving this dish for a family dinner or a holiday gathering, these suggestions will enhance the overall enjoyment of your meal.
- 1 12 ounce package thick cut deli turkey
- 1 box stuffing mix
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1 envelope turkey gravy mix, prepared
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees and grease a baking dish with nonstick cooking spray.
- Arrange the turkey in the bottom of the baking dish.
- Drizzle the turkey gravy over the top of the turkey.
- Combine the water and butter in a small saucepan. Cook over medium heat until the water begins to boil and the butter is melted.
- Stir in the stuffing and mix until fluffy.
- Spread the prepared stuffing over the top of the turkey and gravy.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 30 minutes, until the stuffing is golden brown.
Amount Per Serving Calories 187Total Fat 12gSaturated Fat 6gTrans Fat 1gUnsaturated Fat 5gCholesterol 57mgSodium 1024mgCarbohydrates 10gFiber 0gSugar 3gProtein 10g
More Quick Next Day Meal Ideas
Repurposing holiday leftovers doesn’t have to be a hassle when you have a handful of easy recipes at your disposal.
One new favorite casserole that makes the most of those turkey day remnants is the “Ultimate Leftover Thanksgiving Dish.”
Begin by preheating your oven to 350 degrees F and allowing your turkey to reach room temperature.
In a large skillet, melt some butter with a drizzle of olive oil, then add diced turkey, a dash of garlic powder, and a pinch of salt and pepper.
Sauté until the turkey is slightly browned, then mix in a couple of cups of leftover stuffing and a cup of chicken broth.
Let it simmer for a few minutes, creating a luscious filling for your casserole.
In a separate bowl, combine the cans of cream of chicken soup, some heavy cream, and a generous helping of cheddar cheese.
Spread a layer of Pepperidge Farm cornbread stuffing mix in a greased 9×13-inch baking dish, and add the turkey and stuffing mixture on top.
Pour the creamy sauce over it all, then layer it with bread cubes and a little more cheddar.
Bake for 30 minutes, and you’ll have an easy turkey casserole that elevates your holiday leftovers to an amazing next-day meal, all in a fraction of the time it took to prepare the original holiday feast.
For an extra touch, sprinkle some fresh parsley on your dish and savor the delicious food that combines the best of holiday flavors.
These simple instructions ensure that your Stove Top stuffing turkey casserole turns out perfectly every time.
The combination of the flavorful stuffing mix, and tender turkey creates a mouthwatering dish that is sure to impress.
The instructions guide you through the process of layering the ingredients and baking the casserole to perfection.
By following these directions, you will have a delicious Stove Top stuffing turkey casserole ready to enjoy in no time.
The aroma of the casserole baking in the oven will fill your kitchen, and the final result will be a comforting and flavorful meal that the whole family will love.
So, gather your ingredients and get ready to make this scrumptious Stove Top stuffing turkey casserole.
Whether it’s for a cozy family dinner or a gathering with friends, this dish is sure to be a hit.
Follow the instructions carefully, and soon you’ll be savoring every bite of this delectable casserole.
Be sure to follow us on Pinterest and PIN IT FOR LATER!