Imagine biting into a soft, moist muffin top speckled with chunks of juicy pineapple and coconut flakes in these delicious Coconut Pineapple Muffins!
Pineapple Coconut Muffins Recipe
Nothing transports you to tropical paradise quite like the sweet and tangy combination of pineapple and coconut!
Hawaiian Recipes Series
Be sure to check out all the other recipes in this series.
- Bundt Pineapple Upside Down Cake
- Grilled Huli Huli Hawaiian Chicken Recipe
- Ham and Pineapple Hawaiian Dip
- Sweet and Spicy Hawaiian Pork Chops
- Hawaiian Pizza Crescent Rolls
- Slow Cooker Hawaiian Chicken Sandwich
- Ham and Pineapple Hawaiian Pinwheels
- Air Fryer Hawaiian Pizza
And now that idyllic vacation can be brought into your kitchen with these delicious Coconut Pineapple Muffins.
Soft, moist muffin tops are studded with chunks of juicy pineapple while succulent coconut flakes add extra texture, flavor, and sweetness.
With their simple ingredients list and fast baking time (only 30 minutes!), these muffins make a great snack or on-the-go breakfast.
So grab all the ingredients needed to make these fruity gems from your local grocery store.
You’ll be in for a real treat!
Why You Will Love These Grab-n-Go Muffins
- Coconut Pineapple Muffins offer a taste of a tropical paradise
- Chunks of juicy pineapple and coconut flakes add texture and flavor
- The recipe is simple and requires basic ingredients
- Baking time is fast
- Muffins are moist and delicious
Makes 24 muffins or 48 mini muffins
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 20 minutes
What You Need for Coconut Pineapple Muffins
- Crushed pineapple, drained with juice reserved
- Flour, divided
- Baking powder
- Ground cinnamon
- Baking soda
- Vegetable oil
- Brown sugar
- Vanilla extract
- Sweetened coconut flakes, divided
For exact measurements, please see the printable recipe card below.
How to Make Pineapple Coconut Muffins
Start with the basics: To make these Coconut Pineapple Muffins, you’ll need some simple ingredients you may already have in your pantry. Gather flour, sugar, baking powder, salt, vegetable oil, an egg, vanilla extract, pineapple, and shredded coconut. Make sure to preheat your oven to 350°F and line your muffin tin with paper liners or cooking spray.
Mix it up: First, combine the flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt in a large bowl. In a separate bowl, vegetable oil, egg, and vanilla extract until smooth. Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and stir until everything is fully combined. Gently fold in the chopped pineapple and shredded coconut.
Scoop and bake: Use a measuring cup or ice cream scoop to portion the muffin batter into the liners. Fill each liner about 2/3 full. Then, bake the muffins in the preheated oven for 18-20 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean. Let the muffins cool in the pan for a few minutes before transferring them to a wire rack.
Eat and enjoy: Once the muffins have cooled, it’s time to enjoy! I guarantee you’ll love the delicious combination of sweet pineapple and creamy coconut. These muffins are perfect for breakfast on the go, a snack, or as part of a fun tropical-themed spread at a party. For an extra tropical twist, try serving them alongside a piña colada or fruity smoothie!
Experiment with Variations
While these Coconut Pineapple Muffins are fantastic as written, you can get creative with some variations if you’re feeling adventurous.
Swap out the pineapple for banana or mango, or try using different types of shredded coconut like toasted or sweetened.
You could even sprinkle some brown sugar or cinnamon on top of the batter before baking for an extra touch of sweetness.
Printable Recipe Card and Nutritional Values
- 1 20-ounce can of crushed pineapple, drained with juice reserved
- 3 cups plus 3 tablespoons flour, divided
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup sweetened coconut flakes, divided
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees and line a muffin pan with liners or grease with nonstick cooking spray.
- In a small bowl, stir together the drained pineapple pieces and 3 tablespoons of flour. Set aside.
- In a separate bowl, whisk the remaining flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt until well combined. Set aside.
- In a third bowl, whisk the oil, sugar, eggs, and vanilla extract until well combined.
- Add the reserved pineapple juice and stir to mix. Then, stir in the flour mixture until just combined.
- Fold in the crushed pineapple and half the coconut flakes.
- Spoon the mixture into each baking cup until the cup is full. Sprinkle the remaining sweetened coconut over the top of each muffin.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 18 to 22 minutes for full-sized muffins or 12 to 15 minutes for mini muffins, until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Once the muffins have cooled, it's time to enjoy!
Makes 24 muffins or 48 mini muffins
Experiment with variations: While these Coconut Pineapple Muffins are fantastic as written, you can get creative with some variations if you're feeling adventurous. Swap out the pineapple for banana or mango, or try using different types of shredded coconut like toasted or sweetened. You could even sprinkle some brown sugar or cinnamon on top of the batter before baking for an extra touch of sweetness.
Amount Per Serving Calories 117Total Fat 6gSaturated Fat 1gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 4gCholesterol 16mgSodium 155mgCarbohydrates 16gFiber 1gSugar 14gProtein 1g
These Coconut Pineapple Muffins are the perfect way to bring a taste of the tropics into your home.
With their delicious flavor, easy preparation, and endless variations, you’ll want to make them again and again.
Try whipping up a batch today and enjoy them for breakfast, snack, or dessert – you won’t be disappointed!
Follow us on Pinterest and PIN IT FOR LATER!