Crockpot Shredded Chicken is a great ingredient to have on hand. It can be used in tacos, salads, casseroles, soups, sandwiches, and more.
This post may contain affiliate links. See my disclosure policy for more info.
Easy Crockpot Shredded Chicken Recipe
Shredded chicken is a great ingredient to have on hand.
Make a big batch of shredded chicken for use in other recipes with this quick crockpot recipe.
For example, it can be used in tacos, salads, Chicken and Potato casserole, soups, sandwiches, and more.
It’s also economical with the use of a crockpot.
A whole chicken costs less than 4 dollars at most grocery stores and will serve about 6 people when shredded.
This recipe for Crockpot Shredded Chicken is simple to make in under 6 hours.
Put the ingredients in the crockpot before work or school and come home to tender chunks of savory chicken in the evening.
On the other hand, add whatever seasonings you prefer to get flavors that are perfect for your dish.
Makes 7-8 cups of shredded chicken
Prep time: 5 minutes
Cook time: 6 hours
Slow Cooker Chicken Ingredients
- Boneless, skinless chicken breast
- Black pepper
- Garlic powder
- Chicken broth
What Can I Make With Crockpot Chicken
- Chicken and Potato Casserole – In just 15 minutes, potatoes and ranch seasoning, this quick and easy Chicken and Potato Casserole is made from scratch.
- BBQ Chicken Tater Tot Casserole – This BBQ Chicken Tater Tot casserole is a perfect choice. Tater tots topped with BBQ chicken, baked beans, and cheese, how can you not love it?
- Chicken and Cheese Stuffed Crescent Rolls – Get started on these tasty, no-fuss BBQ chicken and cheese stuffed crescent rolls tonight… Dinner is served!
How to Make Crockpot Shredded Chicken
If the chicken needs to be layered, season the bottom layer before placing more chicken on top.
Subsequently, season the chicken with salt, pepper, and garlic powder.
After that, add the chicken broth.
Place the lid on the slow cooker and cook on high for 3 hours or low for 6 hours.
When the chicken is cooked through, remove it from the slow cooker and shred it with meat claws.
Meanwhile, strain the extra chicken bits out of the liquid in the pot and return the meat to the slow cooker.
Finally, stir to combine the meat with the juices.
The best part is that you can use shredded chicken for so many different meals.
- 4 pounds boneless, skinless chicken breast
- 1 teaspoon each of salt, black pepper, and garlic powder
- 1 cup chicken broth
- Grease the bowl of the slow cooker with nonstick cooking spray and place chicken along the bottom of the bowl. If the chicken needs to be layered, season the bottom layer before placing more chicken on top.
- Season the chicken with salt, pepper, and garlic powder. Add the chicken broth.
- Place the lid on the slow cooker and cook on high for 3 hours or low for 6 hours. When the chicken is cooked through, remove it from the slow cooker and shred it with a fork.
- Strain the extra chicken bits out of the liquid in the pot and return the meat to the slow cooker.
- Stir to combine the meat with the juices.
- Use in your favorite recipe and enjoy!
Amount Per Serving Calories 378Total Fat 8gSaturated Fat 2gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 5gCholesterol 193mgSodium 548mgCarbohydrates 1gFiber 0gSugar 0gProtein 71g
Be sure to follow us on Pinterest and PIN IT FOR LATER!