Try out this delicious dirt worm brownie recipe that combines luscious brownies with decadent chocolates, crunchy Oreos, and gummy worms. Perfect to satisfy your sweet tooth cravings!
Worms and Dirt Brownie Recipe
What’s not to love about brownies? They’re chocolatey, gooey, and so satisfying to indulge in.
But what if you could take your typical brownies to the next level? Enter the “Worms and Dirt” brownies recipe.
Not only are these brownies delicious, but they’re also perfect for parties and a fun recipe to try with your kids!
Follow this recipe to make a batch of adorable dirt worm brownies that will have everyone in your family begging for more.
Why You Will Love This Recipe
- Unique twist on traditional brownies
- Adds fun to your parties or family gatherings
- Impress your guests with a delicious and creative recipe
- Spend quality time in the kitchen with your kids
- Get fantastic results without too much effort
Makes a 9×9 pan
- Brownie mix with walnuts
- Oreo cookies
- Chocolate chips
- Sweet cream butter
- Powdered sugar
- Cocoa powder
- Heavy whipping cream
- Crushed Oreos
- Mini sour gummy worms
For exact measurements, please see the printable recipe card below.
This post may contain affiliate links. As an Amazon Services LLC associates program affiliate advertising program, I may earn a small commission with no extra cost to you. See my disclosure policy for more info.
More Halloween Recipes
- Dirt Worm Bark Recipe
- Monster Cake Mix Donut Recipe
- Halloween Avocado Toast Recipe
- Halloween Monster Oreo Truffles
- Twinkie Mummies Recipe
- Halloween Monster Oreo Truffles
- Jack-O-Peppers Halloween Stuffed Peppers Recipe
- Spooky Scary Skeletons Halloween Chicken Drumsticks
How to Make Worms In Dirt Brownies
Start with a Box of Brownie Mix
The beauty of the “Worms and Dirt” brownies recipe is that it can be as simple or elaborate as you want it to be. Start with your favorite boxed brownie mix to save time and effort.
Top with Crushed Oreos and Chocolate Chips
Once the brownies have cooled down, it’s time to get the “dirt” ready. Take a few Oreos and crush them into small pieces. Sprinkle the crushed Oreos evenly over the brownies and mix some in the batter. Then, add a generous sprinkle of chocolate chips. The combination of crushed Oreos and chocolate chips creates an irresistible texture and flavor.
Bake in the Oven or Convection Microwave
At this point, the brownies are almost ready to serve. You can either pop them back into the oven for a few more minutes to warm them up and melt the chocolate chips or microwave them for a few seconds to soften them up. The choice is yours!
Make the Frosting
Making a delicious brownie topping with a standing mixer is easy and requires just a few ingredients. Combine all the frosting ingredients. Finally, scoop the mixture onto the top of the brownies and smooth it out with a spatula before adding the crushed Oreos and gummy worms for decoration.
Add Finishing Touches
The finishing touch to these adorable dirt worm brownies is to add the gummy worms. Place them over the top of the brownies in any pattern you like. You can make them look like they’re crawling out of the dirt or just scattered around.
Enjoy with Your Family
Voila! Your dirt worm brownies are ready to eat. Serve them up on a platter and watch your kids’ eyes light up with excitement. These brownies are perfect for any occasion, from backyard BBQs to birthday parties to after-school snacks.
- 1 box of brownie mix with walnuts
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 C oil
- 1/2 C water
- 6 Oreo cookies
- 1/4 Cup of chocolate chips
- 1 Cup unsalted sweet cream butter
- 2 Cups powder sugar
- 1/2 C cocoa powder
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 3-5 TBSP heavy whipping cream
- 1 Cup crushed Oreos
- 1 package of mini sour gummy worms
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Place the parchment paper and place inside the pan and spray with pam spray.
- Mix the brownie batter as directed on the box.
- Take some Oreos break them into pieces and mix them inside of the brownie mix.
- Pour into the baking dish, sprinkle the chocolate chips, and bake for 30 minutes.
- Remove from oven and set aside.
Putting it All Together
- In a standing mixer, all ingredients except the heavy whipping cream, Oreos and gummy worms.
- Once the butter, sugar, cocoa, and vanilla are combined, add in the heavy whipping cream and continue to mix until stiff peaks form.
- Scoop onto the top of the brownies and smooth out.
- Sprinkle the crushed Oreos and add gummy worms.
Amount Per Serving Calories 735Total Fat 49gSaturated Fat 22gTrans Fat 1gUnsaturated Fat 24gCholesterol 124mgSodium 267mgCarbohydrates 74gFiber 2gSugar 60gProtein 4g
Get down and dirty with this fun and easy “Worms and Dirt” brownies recipe.
Your family will love these adorable brownies with worms, and you’ll have fun creating them together.
Whether it’s sunny outside or not, this recipe is sure to brighten up your day.
So grab a box of brownie mix and let the fun begin!
Be sure to pin it for later and follow us on Pinterest.