With dried cranberries, orange zest, and juice, these dried cranberry cookies is easy to make and perfect for when you need a sweet treat.
Cranberry Orange Cookies Recipe
Dried cranberry cookies are made with a flavorful combination of tangy cranberries and sweet orange zest, these cookies are sure to become your new favorite treat.
Follow our simple recipe to create the best cranberry orange cookies that are perfect for any occasion.
Using dried cranberries in this recipe makes it convenient to keep these ingredients on hand.
So you can whip up a batch whenever you’re in the mood for some delicious cookies.
The orange zest and juice add a bright and tangy flavor that perfectly complements the sweetness of the cookie dough.
With easy-to-find ingredients and straightforward instructions, you’ll have a batch of soft and chewy cookies in no time.
Why You Will Love This Recipe
- These cranberry orange cookies are made with dried cranberries and orange zest for a delightful balance of tangy and sweet flavors.
- Our easy-to-follow recipe is the perfect way to create the best cranberry orange cookies with simple ingredients and straightforward instructions.
- Whether you’re baking for a special occasion or just to satisfy your sweet tooth, these cookies are sure to impress.
- You can make soft and chewy cookies that are perfect for any occasion with this easy recipe.
- All-purpose flour – spooned and leveled, not scooped
- Butter, cubed (and cold)
- Zest of a whole orange
- Freshly squeezed orange juice
For exact measurements, please see the printable recipe card below.
How to Make Cranberry Orange Shortbread Cookies
Preheat oven to 325 F. Line two cookie sheets with parchment paper.
Pulse the cranberries a few times in a food processor.
Add the flour, sugar, salt and give it 2 or 3 pulses.
Next, add the butter and pulse till it resembles a crumbly mixture.
Add the orange zest and juice. Pulse to mix.
Transfer to a floured surface, knead, and roll into a log.
Cling wrap and chill for 1 hour. Cut into 1/4-inch discs.
Arrange on a cookie sheet and bake for 14-16 minutes till golden brown around the edges.
Cool on the wire rack.
Store in an airtight container.
These easy cranberry orange cookies are perfect for any occasion, from a cozy night to a holiday party.
Their soft texture and tangy flavor are sure to delight anyone who tries them.
Tips for Baking
When baking these cookies, be sure to use room-temperature butter to ensure that the dough mixes evenly.
It’s also important to refrigerate the dough for at least an hour before baking, which will help the cookies retain their shape and texture.
Additionally, if you prefer a softer cookie, bake for a shorter period of time, and for a crisper cookie, bake for a longer period of time.
If you want to switch up the recipe, try adding white chocolate chips or chopped nuts for some extra texture and flavor.
You can also experiment with different citrus fruits, like lemon or lime, to create your own unique twist on this classic cookie recipe.
Overall, these cranberry orange cookies are a must-try for any cookie lover.
These are also great for a cookie exchange.
More Cranberry Recipes For You
- Easy Cranberry Orange Fluff Recipe
- Easy Homemade Cranberry Sauce Recipe
- Cranberry Cream Cheese Crescent Rolls
- Cranberry Raisin Monkey Bread Recipe
- Cranberry Walnut Chickpea Salad Pinwheels
Printable Recipe Card and Nutritional Values
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 cups all-purpose flour – spooned and leveled, not scooped
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 cup butter, cubed (and cold)
- Zest of a whole orange
- 2 tbsp of freshly squeezed orange juice
- Preheat oven to 325 F. Line two cookie sheets with parchment paper.
- Pulse the cranberries a few times in a food processor.
- Add the flour, sugar, salt and give it 2 or 3 pulses. Add the butter and pulse till it resembles a crumbly mixture.
- Add the orange zest and juice. Pulse to mix.
- Transfer to a floured surface, knead, and roll into a log.
- Cling wrap and chill for 1 hour. Cut into 1/4-inch discs.
- Arrange on a cookie sheet and bake for 14-16 minutes till golden brown around the edges.
- Cool on the wire rack.
- Store in an airtight container.
Amount Per Serving Calories 136Total Fat 8gSaturated Fat 5gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 2gCholesterol 20mgSodium 86mgCarbohydrates 16gFiber 1gSugar 7gProtein 1g
How long do these cookies stay fresh?
These cranberry orange cookies can be stored in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 5 days. If you want to extend their freshness, you can refrigerate them for up to 2 weeks or freeze them for up to 3 months. Just make sure to thaw them before serving.
Can I add nuts to the recipe?
Absolutely! Adding nuts such as chopped walnuts or pecans can provide an extra crunch and flavor to the cookies. You can add about 1/2 cup of nuts to the dough when combining the dry ingredients. Feel free to experiment with different types of nuts to find your favorite combination.
Can I freeze the cookie dough?
Yes, you can freeze the cookie dough for later use. Form the dough into a log and wrap it in saran wrap. Freeze them in a freezer-safe bag or container. When you’re ready to bake, simply remove it from the freezer and let it thaw for a few minutes before slicing and placing it on a baking sheet and baking as directed.
In conclusion, cranberry orange cookies are the perfect treat for any occasion.
These soft and chewy cookies are bursting with the tangy sweetness of dried cranberries and zesty oranges.
The recipe is incredibly easy to follow, and the end product is sure to impress.
Be sure to follow us on Pinterest and PIN IT FOR LATER!