Roasted potatoes with bacon and onion are an indulgent, crispy, and flavorful side dish combination that is perfect for any day of the week.
Bacon Roasted Potatoes
Who doesn’t love a crispy and flavorful side dish to go with their main meal?
Roasted potatoes with bacon and onion are an indulgent and savory combination that is perfect for any day of the week.
It also works well alongside a variety of vegetable dishes or as part of a brunch spread.
Whether you’re hosting a dinner party or cooking for your family, this recipe is sure to please everyone’s taste buds.
With just three main ingredients, some spices, and a few simple steps, you can create an unforgettable meal for all your guests to enjoy.
Plus, what’s better than coating tender potatoes in melty bacon bits & crispy onions?
So get ready to tantalize your taste buds by trying this mouth-watering combination today!
You Will Love This Recipe Because…
Roasted potatoes with bacon and onion are loved for a few reasons.
- Flavor Fusion: The combination creates a delicious mix of flavors. The sweetness of the onion, the saltiness of the bacon, and the earthiness of the roasted potatoes blend together beautifully, satisfying different taste preferences all at once.
- Texture: They offer a variety of textures. The potatoes are crispy on the outside and tender on the inside, while the bacon adds a crunchy element. This mix of textures can be very appealing.
- Comfort Food: This dish often evokes feelings of comfort and nostalgia. It’s a classic combination that many people have enjoyed since childhood, so it holds a special place in their hearts.
- Ease of Preparation: It’s relatively easy to make, requiring just a few ingredients and simple cooking techniques. This makes it accessible for home cooks and allows for variations based on personal preferences.
- Versatility: Roasted potatoes with bacon and onion can be served as a side dish, a part of a larger meal, or even as a standalone dish. Its versatility makes it appealing for various occasions.
Ultimately, the blend of flavors, textures, and the comforting nature of this dish makes it a beloved choice for many people.
Makes 4 servings
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 1 hour
What You Will Need
- Red potatoes, diced
- Black pepper
- Garlic powder
- Dried basil
- Small onion diced (optional)
Why You Will Love This Recipe
Disney’s Frozen Blizzard Cookie recipe is inspired by the popular animated movie Frozen, featuring a delightful blend of flavors and a wintry theme.
The recipe typically includes ingredients like sugar cookie mix, blue food coloring, white chocolate chips, and blue sprinkles.
The cookies are often shaped like snowflakes or decorated to resemble the icy landscape of the film.
These cookies have gained popularity for several reasons:
- Theme and Appeal: The Frozen theme resonates with both kids and adults who love the movie. The cookies, with their frosty appearance and association with the beloved characters, tap into the magic and allure of the Frozen world.
- Visual Appeal: The cookies are visually stunning, often adorned with blue hues, white chocolate, and sparkly sprinkles resembling snowflakes. The vibrant colors and decorative elements make them visually appealing, perfect for parties, gatherings, or themed events.
- Nostalgia and Connection: Disney movies often evoke nostalgia and emotional connections. These cookies allow fans to bring a piece of the movie into their homes, creating a connection to the beloved characters and storyline.
- Fun to Make: Baking these cookies can be a fun activity, especially for families or fans of the movie. The process of mixing, shaping, and decorating the cookies can be an enjoyable experience, especially when shared with others.
- Versatility: The basic recipe can be customized to suit different preferences. Whether it’s altering the shapes, experimenting with different toppings, or adding personal touches, the versatility of the recipe allows for creativity in the kitchen.
Overall, the combination of a beloved movie theme, visually appealing aesthetics, and the joy of baking and sharing these cookies contributes to their popularity and why people love making and enjoying them.
How to make Roasted Potatoes with Bacon and Onion
Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
Line a baking sheet with foil and place the bacon flat on the baking sheet. Bake for 8 to 10 minutes, until the bacon is crispy.
Remove the bacon from the pan and transfer to a paper towel-lined plate to cool.
Place the diced potatoes in a bowl and season with salt, pepper, garlic powder, basil, and parsley.
Add 2 tablespoons of bacon grease to the bowl and toast to coat the potatoes.
Remove the foil from the pan and discard the remaining grease.
Spread the potatoes in an even layer over the pan and return the pan to the oven. Bake for 45 to 50 minutes, until the potatoes are tender inside and brown outside.
Chop the bacon slices and sprinkle the chopped bacon over the top of the potatoes before serving.
One of the best things about this recipe is that you can customize it to your liking.
If you want to add more vegetables, try tossing in some Brussels sprouts, carrots, or sweet potatoes.
You can also experiment with different herbs and spices like rosemary, thyme, or smoked paprika.
The possibilities are endless!
What to Serve Bacon Roasted Potatoes With
- Sweet and Spicy Hawaiian Pork Chops
- Chicken Jambalaya Casserole
- Loaded Mashed Potato Meatloaf Casserole Recipe
- Chicken and Potato Casserole
Printable Recipe Card and Nutritional Values
- 6 strips bacon
- 1 pound red potatoes, diced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley
- 1 small onion diced (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- Line a baking sheet with foil and place the bacon flat on the baking sheet. Bake for 8 to 10 minutes, until the bacon is crispy.
- Remove the bacon from the pan and transfer to a paper towel-lined plate to cool.
- Place the diced potatoes in a bowl and season with salt, pepper, garlic powder, basil, and parsley.
- Add 2 tablespoons of bacon grease to the bowl and toast to coat the potatoes.
- Remove the foil from the pan and discard the remaining grease.
- Spread the potatoes in an even layer over the pan and return the pan to the oven. Bake for 45 to 50 minutes, until the potatoes are tender inside and brown outside.
- Chop the bacon slices and sprinkle the chopped bacon over the top of the potatoes before serving.
Amount Per Serving Calories 193Total Fat 6gSaturated Fat 2gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 4gCholesterol 17mgSodium 835mgCarbohydrates 25gFiber 3gSugar 2gProtein 9g
Can I use different types of potatoes for this dish?
Yes, you can use various potatoes like Russet, Yukon Gold, or red potatoes. Different varieties offer slightly different textures and flavors when roasted.
Can I make this dish ahead of time?
While it’s best served fresh from the oven for optimal crispiness, you can prepare the ingredients in advance and assemble them just before roasting to save time.
How do I ensure the potatoes turn out crispy?
Make sure the potatoes are evenly coated with oil before roasting. Also, spread them out in a single layer on the baking sheet without overcrowding to allow for proper browning and crispiness.
In conclusion, roasted potatoes with bacon and onion is a simple yet indulgent dish that is perfect for any occasion.
The combination of crispy potatoes, savory bacon, and caramelized onions is hard to resist.
With just a few ingredients, you can create a side dish that will impress your guests and satisfy your cravings.
So, the next time you’re wondering what to make for dinner, give this recipe a try, and you won’t be disappointed!
Be sure to follow us on Pinterest and PIN IT FOR LATER!