These Cream Cheese Sugar cookies are a perfect combination of cream cheese and sugar, creating a soft texture that will melt in your mouth.
Cream Cheese Christmas Sugar Cookies Recipe
Welcome to our Cream Cheese Christmas Sugar Cookies Recipe!
With their delightful flavors and beautiful decorations, these cookies are sure to be a hit at any Christmas gathering or cookie exchange.
In this article, we will provide a detailed recipe for making Cream Cheese Christmas Sugar Cookies.
We will guide you through every step, from gathering the ingredients to baking the cookies to perfection.
We will also discuss why these cookies are loved by many and how the cream cheese twist enhances the traditional sugar cookie recipe.
Additionally, we will provide variations and customizations for you to try, as well as useful tips and tricks for making the perfect batch.
Finally, we will share guidelines for storing and freezing the cookies, ensuring they remain fresh for longer.
More Cookie Recipes
Why We Love Cream Cheese Christmas Sugar Cookies
- These cookies are popular due to the balance of flavors from the cream cheese and sugar that complement the sweetness of the cookies.
- The cream cheese adds richness and a soft, chewy texture that melts in your mouth.
- The cookies are versatile as you can add different zests or cocoa powder for variations or decorate them with icing or sprinkles.
- Their unique flavor profile, soft texture, and ability to customize make the cookies a holiday favorite enjoyed with friends and family.
Makes 24 cookies
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 12 minutes
What You Need
- Baking powder
- Baking soda
- Cream cheese softened
- Butter, softened
- Red and green sprinkles, optional
For exact measurements, please see the printable recipe card below.
How to Make Cream Cheese Sugar Cookies
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
Whisk together the baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Set aside.
In a separate bowl, beat together the sugar, cream cheese, and butter until smooth and creamy.
Add the egg and vanilla and beat to combine.
Use a cookie scoop to scoop the dough into balls. Place the ball on the lined baking sheet and lightly press the top of each cookie flat. Add sprinkles on top, if desired.
Bake 10 to 12 minutes, until the edges of the cookies are just beginning to brown.
Allow the cookies to cool for five minutes on the cookie sheet, then transfer to a wire cooling rack to cool completely.
Cream Cheese Christmas Sugar Cookies Recipe Variations
Flavor Variations and Customizations
In this section, we will provide various variations and customizations for the Cream Cheese Christmas Sugar Cookies recipe.
We understand that everyone has different preferences when it comes to flavors, and these variations will allow you to add your unique twist to the classic recipe.
To enhance the flavor of your Cream Cheese Christmas Sugar Cookies, here are some suggested flavorings:
- Add a touch of lemon zest to the dough for a refreshing citrusy taste.
- Incorporate cocoa powder into the dough for a rich chocolatey flavor.
- Use almond extract instead of vanilla for a delightfully nutty taste.
- Add a hint of cinnamon or nutmeg to give your cookies a warm and cozy spice infusion.
When it comes to decorating your Cream Cheese Christmas Cookies, the possibilities are endless. Here are some options to inspire your creativity:
- Spread a smooth layer of cream cheese frosting on top of each cookie and sprinkle with colored sugar.
- Use royal icing to create intricate designs or personalized messages on the cookies.
- Add festive sprinkles or edible glitter to make your cookies shine and sparkle.
- Drizzle melted chocolate over the cookies for an elegant and decadent touch.
Storing and Freezing Christmas Sugar Cookies
Storage and Freezing Guidelines
To maintain the freshness and flavor of your Christmas Sugar Cookies, it is essential to store them properly.
Follow these guidelines to ensure that your cookies stay delicious:
- Room Temperature Storage: If you plan to consume the cookies within a few days, store them in an airtight container at room temperature. Ensure that the container is tightly sealed to prevent air and moisture from entering, which can lead to the cookies becoming stale.
- Refrigeration: If you need to store the cookies for a longer duration, you can place them in the refrigerator. However, it is important to note that refrigeration can alter the texture of the cookies and make them slightly firmer. Place the cookies in an airtight container or wrap them tightly in plastic wrap before refrigerating.
- Freezing: To extend the shelf life of your Cream Cheese Christmas Sugar Cookies, freezing is the best option. Before freezing, make sure the cookies have cooled completely to room temperature. Place them in a freezer-safe container or bag, separating each layer with parchment paper to prevent them from sticking together. Seal the container or bag tightly to prevent freezer burn.
When freezing the cookies, it is important to note that they may lose some of their soft, chewy texture.
However, they will still taste delicious once thawed and refreshed.
Follow these steps to properly thaw and refresh the frozen cookies:
- Thawing: To thaw the cookies, transfer them from the freezer to the refrigerator. Allow them to thaw slowly overnight or for a few hours until they reach room temperature. Thawing the cookies in the refrigerator helps maintain their freshness.
- Refreshing: Once the cookies are thawed, refresh them by placing them in a preheated oven at 300°F (150°C) for a few minutes. This will help restore their softness and bring back that fresh-baked flavor. Be careful not to overbake them as they can become dry.
By following these storage and freezing guidelines, you can enjoy your homemade Cream Cheese Christmas Sugar Cookies for an extended period, ensuring that they taste just as delicious as when they were freshly baked.
- 2 ½ cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 ½ cups sugar
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- ½ cup butter, softened
- 1 egg
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- Red and green sprinkles, optional
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Whisk together the baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Set aside.
- In a separate bowl, beat together the sugar, cream cheese, and butter until smooth and creamy.
- Add the egg and vanilla and beat to combine.
- Use a cookie scoop to scoop the dough into balls. Place the ball on the lined baking sheet and lightly press the top of each cookie flat. Add sprinkles on top, if desired.
- Bake 10 to 12 minutes, until the edges of the cookies are just beginning to brown.
- Allow the cookies to cool for five minutes on the cookie sheet, then transfer to a wire cooling rack to cool completely.
Amount Per Serving Calories 168Total Fat 7gSaturated Fat 4gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 2gCholesterol 27mgSodium 154mgCarbohydrates 23gFiber 0gSugar 13gProtein 2g
In conclusion, Cream Cheese Christmas Cookies are a delightful and festive treat that is perfect for holiday baking.
These cookies have a unique twist, thanks to the addition of cream cheese, which adds a creamy and tangy flavor to the traditional sugar cookie recipe.
The result is a soft and chewy texture that simply melts in your mouth, making these cookies a favorite during the Christmas season.
These cookies are not only delicious but also versatile. You can customize the flavor by adding ingredients like lemon zest or cocoa powder, giving the cookies a unique twist.
Decorating options are endless, with frosting, sprinkles, and icing adding a festive touch.
We hope you are inspired to try this Cream Cheese Christmas Sugar Cookies recipe for your holiday baking.
Don’t forget to share your own experiences with these delightful treats.
Whether you’re baking them for a Christmas gathering or simply indulging in a sweet treat at home, these cookies are sure to bring joy and cheer to your holiday season.
Follow us on Pinterest and PIN IT FOR LATER!